• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Growing under 120w Led growing lights

Here is my first plastic greenhouse and when the weather permits, i will move all my chilis inside the greenhouse. Few chilis have already survived three cold nights in there, protected by a small greenhouse.

Nice work!  The plants are looking a little yellow though, is that just my eyes against the green of the greenhouse?

millworkman said:
Nice work!  The plants are looking a little yellow though, is that just my eyes against the green of the greenhouse?

Yes. Few of the plants are a little yellow. I think they got a little too much water and maybe also too much fertilizer, when they where under the led lights.

Chilidude - where did you get the Krakatoa seeds?  I've only seen seeds for sale of the narrow variety.  The conical variety seems to be for sale in the UK as a seedling/plant only, and I live in the U.S.

Nice log, thanks for posting it.  I also grow under LEDs.

NateFrentz said:
Chilidude - where did you get the Krakatoa seeds?  I've only seen seeds for sale of the narrow variety.  The conical variety seems to be for sale in the UK as a seedling/plant only, and I live in the U.S.

Nice log, thanks for posting it.  I also grow under LEDs.

I ordered them from a Finnish website and i found this chili seed seller that will ship outside Europe, why dont you order from them: http://www.pepperseeds.eu/krakatoa-f1.html

The reason my plants looked a bit yellow and they we not growing as they should, was that they needed more fertilizing. Now they look much greener and started to grow more normally.

]
Habanero is starting to ripe it's pods:

This is somekind of crossbreed and it is looking tasty:

Fatalii is making it's first pods:

Chilis are now growing just fine, when i started to add fertilizer in the water:

I had problems with my Fatalii, that flowered but didnt produce any pods. But all is well now, because the plant have 10 pods growing already, i am so gonna make some delicious Fatalii sauce. :party:

pete258 said:
Hi Chillidude

The plants look great i am interested how the lights perform.What was the cost? i am considering led or cfl not sure yet.
leds are expensive cfls will work but led and hps systems would work way better you can get a small 150 watt hps system on ebay for 60 bucks

Great looking plants! I've been trying to keep up with LED research, there's so much of it! The one company that really caught my eye was Pro-Source Worldwide. found at www.prosourceworldwide.com
It looks like they focused their R&D mainly on cannabis, but their results are amazing. I have seen them in action on vegetables as well with similar results. Fantastic results.

One thing I keep seeing as a "battle" is the use of orage LED and ultra-violet LED. most companies are using an orange LED, also 2W or higher diodes, where Pro-Source uses only 1W diodes and scraps the orange, basically saying that spectrum isn't needed as much as say, ultra violet. Their lamps are 5 spectrum.

Do you know if chili peppers respond very differently to different spectrums of light? Also diode wattage, have you tried a good 1W system? Or 3W for that matter? I'd love to see a big comparison grow, 12 clones off an amazing Jalapeno plant or something, something easy to benchmark, and 12 different LED lights.

That'd be great

Back