• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Guess this pepper!

Omri said:
Yabbies are Yabaneros.

If by Yabanero you mean habanero then you are correct! It's a plain old orange hab, don't know if it's cuz the low temps or massive rain we've been having or just that it's the first fruit to set on this plant but a bunch of the pods just start stay that size and start to ripen.

I'm gonna chocolate coat these little mofos.

Josh said:
Hahah I was thinking the same thing. It is just his avatar. You look at it and immediately interpret his words as somewhat angry or at least in the negative spectrum.

I think it also has to do with the ALL CAPS and his abuse of the exclamation point.

UnNatural said:
If by Yabanero you mean habanero then you are correct! It's a plain old orange hab, don't know if it's cuz the low temps or massive rain we've been having or just that it's the first fruit to set on this plant but a bunch of the pods just start stay that size and start to ripen.

I'm gonna chocolate coat these little mofos.
Yay, I was right! GO YABBIES!
UnNatural said:
I think it also has to do with the ALL CAPS and his abuse of the exclamation point.
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!? :)

***THP FAIL!***
9840.jpg
51RH6N4MT3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Did you have any tepins close to those habs? a couple years ago I had some red savinas cross with my tepins and ended up with a mix of little round chiles and regular hab pods on my red savina plants.... the little ones weren't as hot as the regular pods which led me to beleive they were a crosspolination.

chillilover said:
They really do! But i think the barbados are bigger, it says 1-1.5inches. These are smaller than 1/2 inch.
Omri said:
Yay, I was right! GO YABBIES!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!? :)
Stop yelling at me!!
:whimpers in corner:
Ashen said:
Did you have any tepins close to those habs? a couple years ago I had some red savinas cross with my tepins and ended up with a mix of little round chiles and regular hab pods on my red savina plants.... the little ones weren't as hot as the regular pods which led me to beleive they were a crosspolination.
I grew these from seeds i got out of a supermarket hab so who knows what happened. I had assumed that whoever grew these would grow just habs and the seeds would be true but no way to tell. Any other reason the pods would be so teeny?

UnNatural said:
I grew these from seeds i got out of a supermarket hab so who knows what happened. I had assumed that whoever grew these would grow just habs and the seeds would be true but no way to tell. Any other reason the pods would be so teeny?

Less than optimum growing conditions. My first year growing I got 60 or 70 orange habaneros and the largest one was the size of a small grape. The plant was in a gallon pot with no extra fertilizer.

A cross pollination of your flowers would not affect your fruit, that would only be seen if you plant the seeds from your fruit. That's if the seeds you started with are true, I would not count on that if they came from a chile you got at the supermarket.

At least you are growing something, even if they are 'mini-me' Orange Habs (could market them like they do with Baby Corn and other 'baby veg. Call them Baby O's) :lol:

My O-Hab plant is flowering like crazy, and all the flowers save for one are just dropping...:(

My hab, which I assume is orange because it was labeled simply "Habanero Plant" has put on tons of pods lately, but they all seem to be maxing out around the size of a Bouncy Ball you'd see at the grocery store vending machine. There are so many though, I don't mind the size. Maybe I should try giving it some more nutrients? The plant looks extra happy though, with tons of flowers and it's nice and green.

Back