• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Guessing Cercospora Leaf Spot

WP_20140801_15_53_37_Pro.jpg

It's the most aggressive plant disease I've ever had in my garden. And I've never had pepper diseases. Both my Red Savinas have lost 70% of their leaves and it is on all my pepper plants. It started from my jalapeno that came from a nursery, but has almost completely cured itself. I've been spraying with copper sulfate which I always have around for my tomatoes and I am now trying serenade. I'm willing to go non organic if there is anything else. I'm thinking of letting what's on there ripen and pull up the plants. Anything else I can do?

You need to pull off all of the infected leaves WITH gloves and seal them into a bag and throw in the TRASH. Then wash hands before handling anything else. That with dry conditions and bottom watering dont allow for spray waterings besides natural rain i guess. Serenade and copper will help just be careful with copper as it can burn pretty easily. Maintain regular feeding schedule to ensure nutrients for new plant growth.

Pepper-Guru said:
Sulphur works wonders on leaf spot. It raises the ph on the surface of the foliage so fungi/bacteria literally can't live there. 
How much sulphur should one mix per 1 litre of water?

And is it okay to spray on plants with pods?

scotchnaga85 said:
How much sulphur should one mix per 1 litre of water?

And is it okay to spray on plants with pods?

[SIZE=10pt]Just sprinkle it on, it doesn’t really dissolve well from what iv seen[/SIZE]

nzchili said:

Just sprinkle it on, it doesnt really dissolve well from what iv seen
No it doesn't lol. I tried it last night, it mixed a little with the water with some vigorous shaking, but I'll just stick to dusting it on next time.

Back