• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no comprendo.

The inside the left leg carry.

With socks and sandals.

Logic says that you're also.

Wearing shorts in that pic.

Hope you're not CCW'ing.

With that fashion statement.

Then again.

Like myself.

You just might be crazy.

That way.

Had some rare free time today. Decided to hit the range and dial in a new scope. Probably a moot question on this thread, but can anybody tell me what this weapon is? I've got several "original" models, this is the only "modified" one. A close up of bolt would be dead giveaway...  What say you?

beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg

beast3.jpg

Ok, gotta have an incentive I reckon. First right answer gets a full set of my sauces and a t-shirt (if I have your size.)   :cheers:

Offer closes at 1:00 am American Eastern standard time. Would offer clues, but it's there already.  30 minutes, geez, somebody has got this easy...

WarrantMan said:
Had some rare free time today. Decided to hit the range and dial in a new scope. Probably a moot question on this thread, but can anybody tell me what this weapon is? I've got several "original" models, this is the only "modified" one. A close up of bolt would be dead giveaway...  What say you?

attachicon.gif
beast1.jpg

attachicon.gif
beast2.jpg

attachicon.gif
that beast3.jpg
I am sure I was in bed when you posted this, but I am up now(4:30 am). I will call that a Mosin-Nagant with an aftermarket stock. If I am right you do not need to send anything.

I don't have anything to offer as an incentive, but here's my go-to stumper.

This is the iron sights,optics mount, and charging handle of this particular gun.

bBSmKDb.jpg

What gun is it?

skullbiker said:
I am sure I was in bed when you posted this, but I am up now(4:30 am). I will call that a Mosin-Nagant with an aftermarket stock. If I am right you do not need to send anything.

Yep. Cocking piece on rear of bolt assembly is a dead giveaway.

deolater said:
I don't have anything to offer as an incentive, but here's my go-to stumper.

This is the iron sights,optics mount, and charging handle of this particular gun.

bBSmKDb.jpg

What gun is it?

My apologies.

Because I'm old.

Senile.

And half blind.

But where's the charging handle?

I see a handle.

How is that attached to the BCG?

texas blues said:

My apologies.

Because I'm old.

Senile.

And half blind.

But where's the charging handle?

I see a handle.

How is that attached to the BCG?
The rear (right on this view) portion of the 'carry handle' isn't attached to the rest and can be pulled back as the charging handle. It sits atop a slot in the firearm, something like MAC-10 smg.

texas blues said:
I was wondering.

About the slot in the carry handle.

That 'splains it.

I got nothin'.

Space gun?

You already know.

I'm an AK 1911 guy.

Old steel tinker toy.

Erector set guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erector_Set

Somebody.

Tell me what it is!!!!
When I was a kid the erector sets were already plastic. There was something similar called "Steel Tec" that had metal parts.

Tonka trucks were still steel though!

I know you've all been on the edges of your seats about this...

Or maybe it's just TB.

Anyway, here's the mystery gun:
0F7C6rQh.jpg

It's a Bushmaster M17S, sort of a bullpup Ar-18 based on a design from Australia. The actual action is nearly identical to the AR-18's short stroke piston system--the bolt is nearly identical. The coolest thing about it is probably the extruded aluminum receiver.

That and the 21 inch barrel in such a small package.

Here it is next to an AR with a 10" barrel
zXoIPuOh.jpg

Sadly I traded this rifle some time ago...I kick myself daily for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back