• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mossberg lists it at a capacity of 6. All the others have 6, and a couple are 6+1.

Shoot! (No pun intended) the farm/ranch store 40 miles away had one, I wont be going that way for a while but Dude will be that area monday....

I wanna get it, not him!

And the dollar store is very close to the farm supply store.....hmmmmmmmm.....

But I sorta have an excuse to go there to pick up some meds........

And the kid will be coming home for a visit in a couple weeks....

Salsa Kid.

He's older and on his own I reckon.

And coming home to see his dear sweet Salsa Mother.

No more Salsa Kid.

Retire that name.

He's Salsa Man now.

He will always be my kid, but I guess the official name should be upgraded....

SalsaSemi-Dude? Cuz he ain't quite full dude category yet. :lol:

Bummer....looks like I "have" to drive over to pick up the meds instead of waiting for mail delivery...

:dance: may as well do some shopping!

'Dude says I'm no longer allowed to go into the Farm/Ranch store (aka North40, like Cenex) unaccompanied......

IMG_20190629_132826409_HDR.jpg

Yea, RIGHT!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They had an in stock .410 for the price of Bud's guns plus transfer fee.  Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet.  We'll check this weekend if the local gun range is open.  It gets shut down in the summer due to fire danger.  Don't want to just head up to the woods, too risky.....

Thanks for the comments and opinions about the gauges.  I picked up 4 boxes of shells and was just snickering a little bit ago that no one bats an eye at 4 boxes of shells on the kitchen counter.  :lol:

I'll get the suggested talon grips online and maybe the sling thing that TB has. That seems like a really good idea for the grips.

THP.

How do I LIKE Salsa Lady's post 472 times?

SL.

I am so officially jealous.

And very happy you got the .410 version.

4 boxes of ammo on the kitchen counter?

Thats ever day of the week in Alaska.

I have more than that in my sock drawer.

Enjoy the hell out of that shotgun.

Protect yourself.

Protect your family.

And as always.

Love the one you're with.

All my best to you SL and your family.

And back atcha' TB amigo...

Xoxo~~~~

Kid is coming for a visit in a couple weeks, didn't find any potato salad at the dollar store....but I did get some shaving cream....
:dance:

salsalady said:
And back atcha' TB amigo...

Xoxo~~~~

Kid is coming for a visit in a couple weeks, didn't find any potato salad at the dollar store....but I did get some shaving cream....
:dance:

Kiss your son when he comes.

Hold him in your arms for a long time.

And tell him how much you love him.

Because.

Family.

And the love of a mother.

There is none greater love.

Dang....I missed the whole shotgun conversation......

......working 80 hours a week (at my age) is putting a real dent in my soul!

HSL.......good looking .410!! I'm eager to hear what you think about shooting it.

Here at the Circle-H, we try and drag out the scatter-guns at least once a month.

My Mossberg 500 is the sweetest shooter......recoil is manageable and the 8-round magazine brings it up to 590 capacity.

IrSlaua.jpg

The KSG is a beast.....and very hard to enjoy shooting. It stings more than my second marriage.....

.....but I keep it for the cool-factor and because you just cant argue with 14-round capacity in a bullpup.

Zm7Q2hA.jpg

The AR Twelve.........is not much over a gimmick until I can get it to reliably cycle target loads (low brass). The general consensus is that it requires an extended "break-in" to sufficiently loosen up the action. We shall see!

g2N0BIk.jpg

All-in-all.....we do enjoy our shotguns here! And..........

....I do remember owing you guys a new video. I have NOT forgotten!!

Look at all those space guns!

Even his shotguns are space guns.

He even sorta' space gunned his AK.

But still tacticool.

And has a Skeletor 1911.

Paulky.

Is definitely an alien.

texas blues said:
Look at all those space guns!

Even his shotguns are space guns.

He even sorta' space gunned his AK.

But still tacticool.

And has a Skeletor 1911.

Paulky.

Is definitely an alien.

:rofl:

I am not of this world!!

Chorizo857_62J said:
They all look fun...but I trust the simple yet effective approach.  Still...want...shock wave...in...multiple...calibers...X3..

Amigo.

What are you waiting for?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/23322/mossberg+590+shockwave+12ga+14%22+6-shot

You'll need some ammo too.

I like to be liking S&B 4 buck for short range/home defense.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/61964/sellier+%26+bellot+12ga+2+3%2f4%22+%234+buck+21+pellet%2c+10+rds

Buy it cheap.

Stack it deep.

And now, something that is not a shotgun.....

My new Sig Sauer P365 (NRA Edition):

WXM6eZJ.jpg

p5oLtF7.jpg

This thing is TINY. I'm talking Kahr CM9 or Glock 42 small......and it STILL holds 11-13 rounds of 9mm. I believe Sig calls the finish a "Coyote Brown".....but it's a FDE for sure. Comes with the nitron finish, two ten round magazines (a flat plate and a finger flared plate) and a 12 round magazine, night sights, and the same trigger every Sig on the planet seems to possess. Obviously a striker-fired pistol. Due to its size, the recoil on it is about what you'd expect.........kind of snappy....but manageable. 

Here it is compared to a couple of my other Sigs:

1YVyDlu.jpg

bxtYfRl.jpg

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase ($550).....but I seriously doubt I'd ever carry it. Although....it'd make a perfect pocket gun!

More on this pistol later on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back