• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhaha thanks gnslngr! remington sportsman 78 308 its taken down deer and elk great accuracy. Savage model 311 20G double barrel and Glock 19.
Zcdcq.jpg

KtMsu.jpg
My favorite caliber is .308/7.62 x 51...and yes its a decnt elk caliber, especially in timber.If you need a .416 to hunt elk, because nothin else works.....
go to the range,cuz trigger time is the make or break factor with most firearms....and sound of an older "crack barrel" locking up is music to my ears.Old wood and good steel has a feel NO synthetics have :cool:

brownsugar.jpg

10/22 with stainless fluted heavy barrel and suppressor.

Marvel22.JPG

Colt 1911 Series 70 with Marvel .22 upper and suppressor.

cz5272.jpg

CZ 527 in 5.56 with... wait for it... suppressor.

atas1.jpg

HK USP Tactical .45 with *SURPRISE* suppressor.

pfcojuzi.JPG

Uzi with you know what.

atasm16.jpg

M16 with yeah one of those.

ronoflauge5.jpg

CZ550 chambered in .505.

19198.jpg

Israeli 1919 with barrel chopped to 16 inches.

Wow those are awesome Hinky, Sure do love the suppressor. You must do some hunting in alaska and have alot of fun without interrupting your neighbors (if you have any lol)

1.What did you rebarrel with and ,length?(1022)1022's with target mods can be crazy fun to shoot.Is the "Rhino" stock a mod you did for a full float
2. .505 - thats some powerful "bear spray"(just assuming there) you got,looks handy;)
3.Everything else...long drawn out sigh :cool:
Thanks for that tour...
DJ

queequeg152- depends on the caliber and rate of fire. 22 doesn't get hot unless it's full auto, the big gay pink can (9mm) gets a little warm from mag dumps, and the 223 can gets hot right now. I've done full betamag dumps through it and it'll actually turn a little red right at the base. Pistol and rimfire cans stay cool and quiet with a little dab of ablative in 'em- white lithium works great and isn't too smokey. Suppressors make for happy neighbors.

I figured you'd enjoy the Uzi, Omri :lol:

1.What did you rebarrel with and ,length?(1022)1022's with target mods can be crazy fun to shoot.Is the "Rhino" stock a mod you did for a full float
2. .505 - thats some powerful "bear spray"(just assuming there) you got,looks handy;)
3.Everything else...long drawn out sigh :cool:
Thanks for that tour...
DJ

1. 16" stainless fluted bull barrel, old Butler Creek. Yeah, I butchered the stock from a blank. I glass bedded the first ~4 inches and floated the receiver. Volquartsen guts. The target is 5 shots at 50 yards. It'll do that all day long with Green Tag.
2. I've got two- this one is a stainless Pac-Nor 16" barrel and MPI kevlar stock, the other is a chromo Pac-Nor 23" barrel with AAA Claro. It's actually .505 Burns, which uses .505 Gibbs slugs in a .450 Dakota case. The shorter Dakota case allows the use of a short .416 action and doesn't require filler like the 505 Gibbs does. I did a 570 grain out the 16" one at 2300 fps once. That was enough. I try to keep them under 2000 now.
3. thanks :)

Wow Hinky, do you have one of those "accouts" that people "fill" to get to you to "fix" their problems??

Also, do you carry a Katana as your secondary or is it too bulky?

Roger that-Good luck at the range!

the range SUCKED!!!!! no thanks to the city & anti-gunners, it wasnt like that the last time I was there & have no plans of going back there either!!! & its DPMS range.
though the gun was still sighted in for what I remember it being at.
I dropped 2 deer opening morning & 3 deer the next morning. :cool:

the range SUCKED!!!!! no thanks to the city & anti-gunners, it wasnt like that the last time I was there & have no plans of going back there either!!! & its DPMS range.
though the gun was still sighted in for what I remember it being at.

It sucks that it sucked.

I dropped 2 deer opening morning & 3 deer the next morning. :cool:
:woohoo: :beer: !!

they're not guns but just as lethal, & proven silent killers.
the alien x is my recent bow I shoot, the instinct is my previous bow thats now for backup, my other bows I've sold. the alien is accurate out to 80 yards.

rytera - alien x

100_7892.jpg

fred bear - instinct

100_7900.jpg

Pretty cool Bows there CH! How long have you been into it? I was considering picking up bowhunting since there are a lot of people on base that prefer hunting in this area with them over shotguns or rifles. Got any recommendations for a noob? I may be looking come early next year if I can talk the wife into it (or hide it). She definitely gives me "The Look" when I mention a new hobby.

On another note, took my new baby to the range today. I am in love! I was gonna mount it on the wall....probably not gonna happen now. :lol:

"I may be looking come early next year if I can talk the wife into it (or hide it). She definitely gives me "The Look" when I mention a new hobby."

I know that look well,LOL.....these are small enough to hide ...evil grin.But if you get "bit" by the bug- its hard to hide when you climb up on your roof to shoot targets in your yard.Because you will!Sweet bow chili hunter-I still use a refurbed Myles Keller...and yeah, I climb on the roof to shoot it too.Not just for stand simulation-but for shooting down slope.

"On another note, took my new baby to the range today. I am in love! I was gonna mount it on the wall....probably not gonna happen now. :lol:"
[/quote]
Break free and silica bags,you get to REALLY enjoy it alot more...and hell, hang it for company if ya want.You can even
get an "alternate slide" for range time if you feel the need. The other advantage to it not being a full time wall hanger, is that it won't be up there all the time ..sayin "steal me".A weapon like that deserves to be shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back