• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in Michigan.....

I always thought people from Michigan couldn't drive worth a crap.....based on the ones I've encountered on Kentucky highways.

Now I know better.

Those were the ones trying to escape the REAL idiots.

Ruger SR22..fun to shoot and cool looking!
Untitled.jpg

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm
Photo06081313.jpg

oh wow, i didn't know you could clip the pmag top cover thing onto the bottom of the magazine, lol thanks.

It is convenient!

Nice....

Have you found a source for those rail covers that is cheaper than 10-15 bucks?

Yep....Here ya go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/You-Pick-4-ERGO-Ladder-LowPro-Rail-Covers-MAGPUL-FDE-OD-Green-Black-Foliage-Pink-/130742879123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e70e20393

I think I got mine for 20 bucks for 4 rail covers. NO I didn't buy the pink. :rofl:

AHHH ,SWEET-can't count the times I'll round file an order with those things when I see 10-15.00 price tag (even if the price on everything else was cool -come on!!!It's 3 cents worth of material).

Drink a beer or 3 for me today!I'm vessel bound.
Thanks-
Dave

Hinky-that pink silencer was the first thing that came to mind when I read that. It was unforgettable !You might wanna keep that handy for when she gets a little older, you may need it to keep the boys at bay!

...and Paulky....some idiot was pushing 31.00 for 4, at the end of the day! I'll keep at em...though, that "idiot " just may be the vendor......

Yeah....just keep watching them. The dude has several auctions open at a time.

What I don't understand is WHY they're so damned expensive. There's hardly ANY plastic/polymer there!!

Missed a bit of this thread, but to hit on TB's .45 comment, I am super stoked about the new guns.

I am with a unit that carries .45s now, and we have springfields. It isn't a bad gun, in fact, it is pretty great for what we put it through. I knew that the DoD was in talks to replace the .45 with something that would fit our needs better, and I think that the they made a great choice with the Colt Railgun.

It had a rail, which our springfields don't, it has a better grip, a more reactive trigger, and a few other bennies that make it a great sidearm. Not to mention that it is in desert tan so it just looks bad ass. :)

I did a commemorative pistol buy last deployment, and we got kimbers. Amazing gun, but since our unit is getting issued the Colts, I talked to them and tried to get that as this deployment's choice. Basically, I was told there was no way I hell that I could get them to do it, for any price. I guess the production time is 12-18 months and they are struggling to fill the DoD orders. So we are going with kimbers again. Also gonna do the Sig 516 FDE.

For all you active, retired mil, and LE, Sig does a discount of a couple hundred bucks off of pretty much everything they make. Doesnt need to be a group buy. Just a little FYI.

Missed a bit of this thread, but to hit on TB's .45 comment, I am super stoked about the new guns.

I am with a unit that carries .45s now, and we have springfields. It isn't a bad gun, in fact, it is pretty great for what we put it through. I knew that the DoD was in talks to replace the .45 with something that would fit our needs better, and I think that the they made a great choice with the Colt Railgun.

It had a rail, which our springfields don't, it has a better grip, a more reactive trigger, and a few other bennies that make it a great sidearm. Not to mention that it is in desert tan so it just looks bad ass. :)

I did a commemorative pistol buy last deployment, and we got kimbers. Amazing gun, but since our unit is getting issued the Colts, I talked to them and tried to get that as this deployment's choice. Basically, I was told there was no way I hell that I could get them to do it, for any price. I guess the production time is 12-18 months and they are struggling to fill the DoD orders. So we are going with kimbers again. Also gonna do the Sig 516 FDE.

For all you active, retired mil, and LE, Sig does a discount of a couple hundred bucks off of pretty much everything they make. Doesnt need to be a group buy. Just a little FYI.

So are they calling the new Colt .45 a JCP? (Joint Combat Pistol)

And I am a little confused here.

Your unit got Springfield's but are now going to the Colt?

How did it come about that you got the SF's to begin with?

I never served but I grew up in a military family and I know that you can't wipe your ass without filling out paperwork for toilet paper requisition.

So who approved the SF's?

As far as I know, the Colts are for the Marines. I do not know if they will be referred to as a JCP, because I know the SEALS are pretty set in their SIG/HK ways. Which leads me to a humorous adage...how do you know if someone is a SEAL....they will tell you. Ha...ha...ha... Anyways, I digress.

We (the Marines) carry the Barretta 9, unless you are in the reconnaissance or special operations community. A while back everyone carried .45s, I think they were Colts, but then they decided to switch it up and carry the Barettas. However the two communities I mentioned above kept the .45s but went to Springfields. They are called the .45 CQB (close quarter battle) pistol.

I am part of the community that carries the .45, and it is gonna be a total replacement of all the springfields for the Colts. One day I will just go to the Armory and they will switch my issue for the other one. The general purpose force will continue to carry 9mm pistols.

As far as I understand the latest news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back