• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Habanero headache??

I've never gotten a headache from hot peppers, in fact it's the opposite for me. I get sinus headaches off and on, and a nice bit of spiciness tends to get rid of them. Decongestants of various types don't work (in fact they usually make the headache worse), but fresh hot peppers or a couple of spoonfuls of good spicy sauce works almost every time.

Of course, that's a specific type of headache. I have noticed no improvement with cluster headaches from pepper consumption. And thankfully I am not prone to migraines. But sinus headaches - yeah baby. Pass me that Bhut Jolokia, please. That'll make it all better.

Your mileage, of course, might vary.

twitterisfortwits said:
I know this is a very old thread, but I am worried. I never ate raw Habaneros until yesterday. I ate one and it was a mild one, so no problem. Later I ate one that was a darker orange and I knew it was about 100 times hotter than the first, but I could handle it...

I never really get headaches unless I have a hard time recovering the next day after a serial binger. The other day I ate a Carolina Reaper and my head felt like it was going to explode from the pressure of blood pulsing through my temples, the headache was really unbearable and I can handle quite some pain. The pain was so intense that it totally nullified the burning of the pepper, my body was all like, that is not the issue Felicue. I felt the resi's for days and, in fact, I have a reoccurring headache of the same that started about a half hour ago as I type this, sans pepper this time. Could be my blood pressure, hmmm, guess I should better get that checked out.

Back