• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Habanero Hellfire Chili

Howdy,

I was goin through my recipe book and thought id share a hot chili recipe enjoy!
:cheers:

Habanero Hellfire Chili
1/2 pound bacon
1 pound ground round
1 pound ground pork
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
6 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
8 Anaheim peppers, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, drained
2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
3 ounces tomato paste
1 ounce chile paste
2 cups beef broth
Directions

1.Place bacon in a large soup pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess grease, leaving enough to coat bottom of pot Remove bacon, drain on paper towels and chop.

2.Brown beef and pork in pot over medium high heat. When meat is almost browned, stir in the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, Anaheim peppers, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, beer, tomato paste, chile paste and broth. Continue till meat is browned.

3.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hrs, stirring occasionally. Add beans and bacon and continue simmering for another 2 hrs.

Looks like it has potential, but have you tried it?

If so how would rate it?

Well as with all recipe's you can put your own touch to it

i have made a few batches very close to this and each time its wonderfull and hot hot hot like for instance sometimes i omit the beer or use stew chuck meat instead of ground beef or no ground pork and use 1lb of ground beef and 1lb chuck ive made it with and without the bacon ive made with all the peppers and with only the jalas or just the habs or only a few of all 3 or leave out the anas sumtimes i go with red or orange bell its really just a good starting point to a hot ass burning chili with lots of diff flavors that can be mix up and changed around.

thats the thing when i find a recipe i hardly ever do it exactly im always puting my own touch to it and sumtimes you just dont have all that it calls for.

so now that i think about it i bet i have never made it exactly as is i guess im a natural rule bender and feel the need to change things all the time to be difficult :lol:

soon as i have my first 6 ripe reds ill do it up as it reads and repost

i love chili and make it all the time all year round

:cheers:

Back