• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Habanero ID

I have this plant that is growing that was supposed to be a Habanero. Right now I have the plant in a 5 gallon bucket and it's a little over 4 foot high. It's pretty hot, but not as hot as my Blair's Mega Death which is supposed to be around 500K shu.
2012-07-16105206.jpg

I cut the first ripe one off, I couldn't resist. I snapped a few pics of the the pepper:
2012-07-301742371.jpg

Lots of bumps and gnarly looking
2012-07-30174125.jpg

The inside is really oily, and there were only 4 seeds. It has a strong kinda citrus/chemical smell, and the juice was pretty hot. I ate some and then ate some Blair's mega death for comparison. It starts off almost lemon tasting, then the heat builds in the back of your throat and moves to the front. Its about as hot as the Blairs, which is supposed to be 500K SHU. It's almost painfully hot, and not something that I would enjoy eating by itself.
2012-07-30182959.jpg

I only got 4 seeds out of it.

It also burned for about 25 minutes.

i have two of the bonnie worlds hottest habaneros.when they started fruiting it obvious they were not habs.i emailed bonnie ask a pro.they told me it was a fatalii.mystery solved.

The inside is really oily, and there were only 4 seeds. It has a strong kinda citrus/chemical smell, and the juice was pretty hot. I ate some and then ate some Blair's mega death for comparison. It starts off almost lemon tasting, then the heat builds in the back of your throat and moves to the front. Its about as hot as the Blairs, which is supposed to be 500K SHU. It's almost painfully hot, and not something that I would enjoy eating by itself.

That sounds like a fatalli. I was thinking they were bhuts when they were green.

hard to tell there are just so many different peppers out there . i found it usefull by just trying it lol pepple might think other wise but every one got there ways.the ripe pod has some bhut features and the one on the plant dose look like some fatalii's ive seen. it may be a cross but hey it sure look hella bad ass ... good job man your plant are looking sexy lol ... by the way were did u get the seed from .

hard to tell there are just so many different peppers out there . i found it usefull by just trying it lol pepple might think other wise but every one got there ways.the ripe pod has some bhut features and the one on the plant dose look like some fatalii's ive seen. it may be a cross but hey it sure look hella bad ass ... good job man your plant are looking sexy lol ... by the way were did u get the seed from .

I picked this one up from Lowes as a Bonnie Habanero, not the world's hottest one.

Back