• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Habanero, I’m sorry!

A few months ago I started eating raw orange habanero pods and ever since I have had a love/hate relationship with them. I love the flavor and heat but hated the inevitable diarrhea that followed. Last week I decided to MAN UP and eat an orange hab without chasing it down with a half a gallon of milk, half a tub of cottage cheese, and two cups of yogurt. Guess what? No stomach issues! Haven’t had any problems since. I just needed to be a MAN! Sorry I blamed you, Hab..

Hahahha I Know what you mean, sometimes I get a rush as I eat my Orange Habs. and run to the fridge grab a few more and eat them, if I eat my habs with something else i like putting some of my Blazzing Hot sause witch is a bit more spicy and follow by another Hab, Normally Hot peppers will give you an endorphin rush that makes you addicted to them in the long run

Hey Capspindle,
Hot Peppers are also great for curing a Stomach Ulcer.
I had one 30 years or so ago and took capscain powder (in capsules), Myrhh and Chickweed.
Cured it in weeks. any time I felt it coming back on, took these herbs again and Presto! Gone.
Conventional wisdom back then said SPICY FOOD caused ulcers. Friggin imagine that. HERESY.
Today it's widely accepted that ulcers are caused by certain bacteria in your stomach.
Makes sense that Chiles could kill bacteria.
Anyway, you used the milk...today I use Martini's with them. Greeat combo.
Later,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Back