• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero problem

The tops of my pepper plants have turned brown, curled up and dropped all of their leaves and are just hard nubbins. This happened on a Habanero and then kinda spread to a neighboring plant as well. Any thoughts? Without a picture, difficult I know, but I will take a photo later.

Cheers

photo%2B1-771355.JPG

photo%2B2-774204.JPG

I don't know what it is, but if it spread to other plants I would move them away from all the other plants as soon as possible.

Looks like what the tomato plants get out here at the end of the season when the night temps get in low 40's. It looks like a disease/fungus that spreads to the other plants quickly.

What is confusing is that the remaining leaves look fine, doesnt look like TMV, MLV or Bacterial leaf spot, Hmm? I would prolly just clip off the dead part and see if the rest come back.
Kevin

Being the end of the season I am not super worried. This plant produced its allotment of peppers (albeit small amount) and they will maybe last another few weeks. My tomato plants did get this as well now that you mention it. I guess that it might be the cold (mid 40's) but I didn't think it was cold enough.

I see baby snails everywhere but that isn't the damage that they reek. It totally is frost like but as I say it was happening in the summertime too.

Back