• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero Stems

Hello guys im new to the forum, and i have an important question on my habanero grow:

I am currently growing some orange habaneros in an earthbox i won in a project  in high school.
i fertilize them with some triple 17 i got in granules, then i water them. They recently began sprouting more and more pods, so it has caught my attention
AZwSrCll.jpg

9hGPFyql.jpg

This habanero plant has given me some mean habaneros, even one of them had a green unripe habanero inside one ripe  :fireball:

I have searched for this problem on the forum and so far nothing has been found, so im posting it to hopefully find an answer
Is this a problem?, i have some problems with spidermites, but i haven been able to identify what causes this stem to turn brown.
Also what can cause the wrinkling of the top leaves?.

jkQCYpxl.jpg

J0gJU8nl.jpg

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated

The stems turn brown as the plant gets older - not a problem imo.
There are a lot of things that could cause the issue with the top leaves - too much heat, not enough water, too much/little ferts.

Runescape said:
Tell me you've got some pics of this...
I see that a lot when I buy them at the local grocery store. I've seen a post before that had a pod inside of a pod inside of a pod. Had pictures too.

Thanks a lot guys, i was a little worried some nasty thing was going on.

Runescape said:
Tell me you've got some pics of this...
Also i found the photos of that habanero. Such uncommon event

I had taken these two to take some seeds, plus tasting them.
cf6cpb2.jpg

As soon as i sliced the one on the right
EED8pB5.jpg

The results:
J99NjL1.jpg

moruga welder said:
:welcome: to T.H.P. !      :onfire:
Thanks a lot, this is a very friendly community

Back