• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

had this growing in my garden.

i found this growing around my garden. it has leafs like pepper plant. and its fruit is purple/black in colour when ripe.
do you know what is the name of this plant? (sorry for the crappy picture - phone camera and its was windy)
WP_000243.jpg

I'd be careful. Some types of nightshade are quite toxic, and they can look very similar. I'm pretty sure the toxin breaks down if thoroughly cooked, but again, I'm only vaguely familiar with the plants.

i think its edible! hehe

I am assuming that the "hehe" meant you know that it can be and probably is quite toxic.

I have found these around my property a time or two in the last couple years and find them very interesting plants to observe. When I find them I throw some extra ferts on them just to see how they will grow.

I'd be careful. Some types of nightshade are quite toxic, and they can look very similar. I'm pretty sure the toxin breaks down if thoroughly cooked, but again, I'm only vaguely familiar with the plants.

I am assuming that the "hehe" meant you know that it can be and probably is quite toxic.

I have found these around my property a time or two in the last couple years and find them very interesting plants to observe. When I find them I throw some extra ferts on them just to see how they will grow.

After lots and lots of googling ... i found out its name . Solanum americanum Miller. these plant is sold in farmers market as a vegetable. i think the one grew in my house because my wife cooked it before and she might have thrown some seeds around. i wanted to know what is the name.
i also found out that it grows wild in hillsides. edible weed hehehe.

i have also found similar plant but with a different fruit the looks like mini balloons. i guess that might be poisonous. as nothing (insects etc ) ate the plant.
meranti2-gajah.jpg

Back