• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Had to rush my mom to the hospital

DickT said:
Hope all is well and that you can still salvage a good Thanksgiving day.

We don't have any food for Thanksgiving...we're broke right now and everyone is recovering. I wiggled $10 out and will be going out to "Relative Relief" night at a bar for $2 pints....that'll be my Thanksgiving.

imaguitargod said:
We don't have any food for Thanksgiving...we're broke right now and everyone is recovering. I wiggled $10 out and will be going out to "Relative Relief" night at a bar for $2 pints....that'll be my Thanksgiving.

Well mate, At least it is a thanksgiving to be really thankful about. I know it doesn't look or feel like it but the truely important things in your life are safe (for the most part), and that really is something to give thanks about...

Money is nice but still having your family is nicer.....

Hang in there mate...

P.S. My dad has diverticulitis and it isn't all that bad if it is controlled well....I don't know what the other thing is so i'm Googling it now....

Glad to hear that it is relatively minor. I've had my own digestive problems my whole life and still pop Imodium like candy.

Hey IGG --for starters happy turkey day.Next Best wishes to your entire family and hope everyone is well soon enough.A challenge is a challenge but wow you got stacked up.Take it easy and keep the faith.

Philipperv said:
Glad to hear that it is relatively minor. I've had my own digestive problems my whole life and still pop Imodium like candy.
Ya, I too have problems in that department. Very minimal stumach linning due to all I pharmasudicals I've taken over my life, colitis, etc etc... Imodium AD is my friend as well....I alway keep them in my car.

hixs said:
Hey IGG --for starters happy turkey day.Next Best wishes to your entire family and hope everyone is well soon enough.A challenge is a challenge but wow you got stacked up.Take it easy and keep the faith.
Thanksfor the best wishes....

Keep the faith? I'm an athiest dude! LOL....... :lol:

imaguitargod said:
Ya, I too have problems in that department. Very minimal stumach linning due to all I pharmasudicals I've taken over my life, colitis, etc etc... Imodium AD is my friend as well....I alway keep them in my car.

Thanksfor the best wishes....

Keep the faith? I'm an athiest dude! LOL....... :lol:

Athiests are like vegetarians....eventually...they all eat chicken! Love you long time bro..

Cheers, TB.

Not to be a smartazz IGG but anyone who plants seeds in some dirt, soil or whatever and expects to have them grow and produce is a long way from an atheist...that takes a lot of faith...just my outlook on it.

Well, here's an update on my mom. She needs an anal probe. They need to look at her insides (not the first time they've had to do that...hell, I've had it too....well, in through the mouth though). That'll tell them what they need to do next.

I have a friend who had Chron's disease? He STILL is an off-road racer. Had to have 3/4 of his colon remove at age 36?, colostimy bag for a while, surgeons a year or so later created a " J Pouch " to re-attached his intestine to his rectum, all is well now. His truck is in a new desert baja video game cause he won the overall in his class, and came in second to the Grand Champion of All CLASSES for seat time in his vehicle for points and time. That jars the @#$% out of you - anywhere from 250 to 1000's mile of desert at high speeds.

----Time, Patience, Love and Understanding.

P.S. Mayo Clinic

Boy am I tired, 5 hours of sleep last night. Had to wake up at 5:30 AM and help my mom get ready for her anal probing appointment (ya, I could be all fancy and call it endoscopy...but anal probing sounds funnier and reminds me of what some of my alien friends like to do when bored in space). So for they have proven she has diverticulosis. They took a few biopsies from a section that was slightly inflamed.

She'll know more next week. The doctor didn't like the fact that she poops once every week in a half....

Alien friends in space ???????????????????????? you better sloooow down on those shrooms... no no no keep shrooming, this gives me an idea.....

DickT said:
Alien friends in space ???????????????????????? you better sloooow down on those shrooms... no no no keep shrooming, this gives me an idea.....
My mind is a whirl with ideas as to what idea it could have given you.

Man, I'm bushwhacked...taking care of sick/injured people is tough work :lol:

GOing to ahve a few beers when I get off of work tonight.

imaguitargod said:
My mind is a whirl with ideas as to what idea it could have given you.

Man, I'm bushwhacked...taking care of sick/injured people is tough work :lol:

GOing to ahve a few beers when I get off of work tonight.

ya it is tough , my mom passed in 2001 ( pancreatic cancer) she was only 69 yrs old

DickT said:
ya it is tough , my mom passed in 2001 ( pancreatic cancer) she was only 69 yrs old
Sorry to hear that. I'm no stranger to cancer, everyone on my mom's side died of it practically half way through their life. That's why mom and I were a bit worried at first...

imaguitargod said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm no stranger to cancer, everyone on my mom's side died of it practically half way through their life. That's why mom and I were a bit worried at first...

The county on the other side of the bay from me has the highest cancer rate in the world. Lot of chemical plants...

Back