• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Haitis earthQuake

I was shocked to find out that haiti had a magnitude 7.0 earthquake. And also that the dominican rep . , Cuba and The Commonwealth realm of the Islands of the bahamas are at a tsunami watch. Since the earthquake struck a entire hospital collapsed with people in it !!!!!My grand father was from haiti he died when my father was seven but my mother grandmothers and father are born bahamanin and i feel a little down inside the info is below
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=earthquake+in+haiti+&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

please pray for those guys.

Hope evreyone in area is going to be ok. Fade to black im sure knows about this to he is from bahamas too i believe
Prayers out to all:pray:

hey yall id like to thankyou for ur support. tHE TSUNAMI WARNING HAS BEEN LIFTED were ok i hope pade is as well as he live a bitt closer to there in harbour island . But not much of the commonwealth realm of the island of the bahamas was hurn except for the closest part oif the country ( the island of inagua could feel magnitude 3.2 shakes but no damage ) so were ok . Haitis is massively flatten and i hope that they will get back on their feet soon.

Until reading this post and then seeing the nightly news tonight, i had no idea just how bad it is...My prayers go out to all from that region.

Haiti and the Dominican Republic are both on the same island. Interesting that all the press has been "earthquake in HAITI".

It appears the quake was more on the Haitian end of the island as they are reporting 7.5 and the Dominican Republic is reporting 7.0, and all are reporting 5.+ aftershocks.

Regardless of the history, there's a big mess down there now. Hopefully folks will donate through Red Cross or another help agency.

You can donate a quick $10 to the Red Cross with your cell phone. Dial 90 999 then text HAITI then send. It will reply to you to insure you want to do it. Real easy to do.

Back