• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Happy Birthday salsalady!

651d4133_zpsd5ef0933.gif

OMG!   THANK YOU, Everyone!

I'm going to keep this brief as we are under threat of loosing power any minute and I want to get this posted. 

I'm here, and will check back as I can.  We have 2 huge wildfires burning out of control and it's threatening the transmission lines into the valley.  They've already posted warning to prepare for power outage, could be up to 3 days.

We are fine, Scovie and CJ are fine, but others in our area have lost homes, not sure how many yet or how many will be burned.  We've been scrambling to prepare, getting gas in the vehicles and for the generator, stocking up water.  We have a generator so we are set for water and refrigeration.  I did get a couple bags of ice to keep Hubby's beers cold.  ;) 

Anyway, I hope the power says on, I wanna hang out with all you great people and enjoy a little wining! 

:lol: @ hogleg..."And remember Wine improves with age. The older you get, the better it will taste."   True Dat! 

SL,
Happy birthday and enjoy it as well as you can.  We are hearing a lot about that fire, and I guess the smoke from it is visible over here on our side of the mountains.  Got my fingers crossed for you and others for a safe ending to this latest fire.

Bill

salsalady said:
OMG!   THANK YOU, Everyone!

I'm going to keep this brief as we are under threat of loosing power any minute and I want to get this posted. 

I'm here, and will check back as I can.  We have 2 huge wildfires burning out of control and it's threatening the transmission lines into the valley.  They've already posted warning to prepare for power outage, could be up to 3 days.

We are fine, Scovie and CJ are fine, but others in our area have lost homes, not sure how many yet or how many will be burned.  We've been scrambling to prepare, getting gas in the vehicles and for the generator, stocking up water.  We have a generator so we are set for water and refrigeration.  I did get a couple bags of ice to keep Hubby's beers cold.  ;)

Anyway, I hope the power says on, I wanna hang out with all you great people and enjoy a little wining! 

:lol: @ hogleg..."And remember Wine improves with age. The older you get, the better it will taste."   True Dat! 

Wow! Stay safe!

:bday:

May your special day be filled with POWER enough to enjoy the day.  Even with your 'few' candles on the cake, we all wish you'll be able to 'see' it to another day without incident.

Prayers for your safety.

:lol:  Good one, catherinew! 

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes.  Much appreciated!

Happy Birthday, Ann! 

Thanks for all you do for the chiliheads! 

Just bless your doorpost with some 10M Pure Evil .  Even wildfire can't touch that stuff. 

Will pray for rain! 

Good idea, IP!!!!  :lol:  and Thanks~

Someone just sent this to me on FB.
chile cake.jpg

I'm now in full virtual diabetic overload. 

:cool:

Happy birthday Ann.
Maybe the rain we are supposed to get sat will get to your area as well. Now that is said it was prob lightning that started the fires in the first place. We had a good amount of lightning fires here the first of the week.

Back