• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Happy Fat Tuesday

Yep, the search function works! As it turns out, there is indeed a Mardi Gras thread. An old one, but an existing one, nonetheless. Anyhoo.... not really trying to revive it or anything, I just thought I'd share a picture of some Bourbon Street clean-up from Monday night. Imagine what it looked like last night after the cops on horseback forced everyone off the streets at midnight.

16384954187_48ce532442_b.jpg

sicman said:
Screw that.

Exactly. Imagine the smell.... booze, vomit, urine, and horse shit. This is why I have never been to Bourbon Street for Mardi Gras. I don't do parades anymore. Haven't been to one in years, but when I did, I went to ones where the town was still recognizable after it was over with. More family friendly.

My niece has lived there for the last ten or so years. She is in the thick of it every year,but she kinda parties like that every other day of the year also :rofl:

Im going to visit her one day but not during that.

Back