• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hardening off effects

Today I had my plants outside hardening off. They have been out sporadically lately when it has been warm but the weather in MN has been up and down the past couple weeks. I think it may be looking up from here on out. I think today they may have got a little wind/sunburn. I'm not going to make a big stink about it though as I assume a little sunburn is inevitable. Here are some pics:

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

What looks to be a little burn on the leaf.
IMAG0259.jpg

The edge looks a little crispy on one of the leaves and so does the tip of that one that is curled up a bit.
IMAG0260.jpg

These are my Trinidad Scorpions. The bigger plants in the first pic were actually the same size as these were at the same time. Something happened to these and the leaves got all nasty and crinkled up. I picked off a lot of bad leaves and potted up to the #1 containers. Even though they were small, when I took them out of the 18oz beer cups, they seemed pretty root bound. They have really turned around since potting up even though they are now way behind. Not sure what will become of these this year.
IMAG0264.jpg

Looks like a little sunburn but they look alright to me. I had some sunburn a whole lot worse this past month and they all have recovered nicely

Just a wee bit of sunburn. It doesn't seem like they got burnt too bad. I burnt mine the other week just a little bit worse and it is recovering just fine. So no worries. Other than that they look very nice.

Back