• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

sun Hardening off in the brutal Ohio Sun.

So I am having another problem in the hardening off process I trimmed alot of sunburned lower leaves off all my plants already and now this is happening.

Make sure they arent in the more intense afternoon sun while hardening off. Keep the plants covered with mesh netting or a similar cover .Some people prefer to harden their plants by keeping them on the window sill or by shading them outside as well

i wouldn't recommend the window sill unless you open the window. the glass blocks some uv rays which is the whole point of hardening off. im pretty sure glass blocks UVB, while UVA passes through.

Hardening off is changes in temperature and sunlight. Megahot has it right wrt keeping them covered with a sunscreen fabric or in the shade until the plants can adjust to both changes. Good call, Mega.

I may change the location I put them tommorow, the northeast side of my house should allow them to get full morning sun and shade by noon. The plants I brought inside are all back to normal already exept the lowest leaf of my Butch T.

I am in Ravenna its right next to Kent. I was joking a bit about Ohio having brutal sun. Like I said before I wont be putting them in a spot were the first direct light they get is right around noon. I also plan on trimming any leaves that I missed that show signs of sunburn. And let me know if its the right thing or not but I will not water them at all until the new leaves wilt just slightly then give them all a good drink.

Back