• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hardening off question

Okay, I put about half of my peppers out on Saturday, I checked them an hour ago and noticed about 5 or 6 plants had some sunburnt leaves.
Maybe out of laziness or maybe because of foolishly thinking that the sun isnt as strong in Canada, I didnt put up the white sheet or cheesecloth like I had planned. Stupid move on my part however there is not that much damage.

I have a new question since I cant find cheesecloth big enough to cover 4'X 8' space, and I am way too cheap to buy a nice new white sheet.... Do you think a cheap white vinyl shower curtain from the dollar store would accomplish the same thing in terms of providing shade for the plants? Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Greg

GDogg: Do you have a place to put them in the shade, like the north side of a building or something? This is how I do mine and didn't lose a plant this year. Just let them in full shade for a while then move them into the sun little by little and more on cloudy days. After a couple weeks they will be prepared to soak up the sun without keeling over.

Here in Germany you can buy fireworks rockets for silvester. Every newyears day I go out and collect the sticks of these rockets,they also work great.;)

Back