• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Harvest? - Harvest as they ripen or wait and do all at once?

Hey guys, if I want a second set of fruits, is it best to harvest each fruit as it ripens or wait and do all at once?

..we are just out of the Australian summer with daytime temps bouncing between 15-31 degrees C and sliding. Is it too late for a second fruiting?

Clueless Wanderer said:
..so once I go indoors growing can I keep picking fruits over and over?

Yes...BUT it need to have very good condition around them...heat & A LOT of light and ventilation (self-polinating) otherwise they will stay dormant without any flowers or they will drop.

Clueless Wanderer said:
Hey guys, if I want a second set of fruits, is it best to harvest each fruit as it ripens or wait and do all at once?

Harvest when they are ripen DO NOT wait for the others otherwise they will overripe / rot.

Clueless Wanderer said:
Is their a point where the plant will give up flowering?
As long as you give them heat, ventilation,good light, nutriments they will continue as long as they are alive. Pepper plants can live a very long time.

Cold nights (must not freeze) & day will slow down the flowering to a halt and short day cycle is the trigger to the plant to go in dormancy.

Hope this helps!

Laurent

ELCouz said:

Yes...BUT it need to have very good condition around them...heat & A LOT of light and ventilation (self-polinating) otherwise they will stay dormant without any flowers or they will drop.

Harvest when they are ripen DO NOT wait for the others otherwise they will overripe / rot.

As long as you give them heat, ventilation,good light, nutriments they will continue as long as they are alive. Pepper plants can live a very long time.

Cold nights (must not freeze) & day will slow down the flowering to a halt and short day cycle is the trigger to the plant to go in dormancy.

Hope this helps!

Laurent
Wow, thanks for answering all my questions :-)

Back