• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Harvest pic

Hey all, here is a pic of my first ever "official" harvest as a newbie. This harvest is tiny in comparison to many of you crazy chiliheads, but we all have to start somewhere!

M01A0311.jpg

Top left and in the baggie are a whole bunch of Super Chili, Top right are Sweet Banana. Middle left are jalapeno, middle right are "Firestorm" (that's what the label on the plant said), and bottom are Tabasco.

All my plants have many more chilies ripening nicely, including some habs, which I am looking forward to trying

This year has been somewhat of a trial run for me and I am already looking towards next season (growing season will be over soon here in NZ), looking forward to growing a crapload more plants and hotter varieties!

Firestorms look like a cayenne of some kind to me.

I want to skip from first flower to harvest stage too. It gets a little boring in between.

Damn, nice 1st harvest. My 1st harvest was just jalapenos. I thought I was going big time the next year when I added habaneros. The good old days - life was simple. LOL

Those are some long tabascos! Really nice harvest, all those glowing reds, it's beautiful.

Pam said:
Those are some long tabascos! Really nice harvest, all those glowing reds, it's beautiful.

Thats what i was thinking Pam about the Tabascos. Mine are a lot shorter than those. Are there different varieties of Tabasco?

Nice peppers TomTom, as this is my first season growing i know how it can feel when you see members here show us thousands of peppers!

Hey everyone. I'm not sure exactly what type of Tabasco plant I have as I purchased it as a seedling from a nursery. The label on it simply says "Tabasco chili".. The picture I took may be deceptive too, due to the fact that the jalapenos I grew were quite small compared to the size that I assume they should usually grow.... are Tabascos not usually the same size as Super Chili, as shown in the picture??

Tabasco peppers are usually inch, inch and a half long. What size are those in the picture?

Back