• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

Walchit said:
attachicon.gif
20180927_152212.jpg
Wow.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

This will be the last of what I'll pick this year, actually picked Tuesday.  It's been so wet and the growing season so dismal, this harvest is probably a third of my total pick for the entire season.  The Community Gardens will be closing out at the end of October so I'll need to get my rear in gear and clear the equipment from my plots.  Clockwise, starting at top left, Gypsy, Mad Hatter, Tam Jalapeno along with one lonely Tiburon Poblano, a few really small Aleppos, a handful of Aji Jobito, and some Barra do Riberio to finish it up.  Oddly enough, the following varieties did relatively well, despite the wet conditions:  Aji Jobito, Mad Hatter, NuMex Sauve Orange and Barra do Riberio.

last of 2018.jpg

I am getting a pull like this about every 3 to 5 days. Freezer is full, powder jars are full, salsa, jellies, sauces.... friends won't even answer my calls anymore[emoji23] I decided to make some Bahamian Mango jelly last night with some of the Goats, top left in the pic. I had no gloves so I went ahead and deseeded a pound and a half of B Goats barehanded. Bad idea! My face, neck, hands, and arms were on FIRE all night! Why do I do this to myself[emoji848]
45fcb031b2a187a036625dec0c7222e1.jpg

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Final harvest
lots of unripe pods, but our season is over up here so i stripped the plants even if they were green;

RM3HewR.jpg
Oh really? You're done already? What a bummer. I have a couple weeks at least...says the forecast. But very nice haul! Those Aji Oro or Pineapple Pubescens in the top right-hand corner looks like it was a good producer. Is there a jam/jelly in the future with any of these? I had a great Aji Oro first-year harvest last year. I just may grow that one again next year. Very nice, GIP!

Bhuter said:
Oh really? You're done already? What a bummer. I have a couple weeks at least...says the forecast. But very nice haul! Those Aji Oro or Pineapple Pubescens in the top right-hand corner looks like it was a good producer. Is there a jam/jelly in the future with any of these? I had a great Aji Oro first-year harvest last year. I just may grow that one again next year. Very nice, GIP!
yes some of these will be turned into jams :D

Walchit said:
Gip didn't pull out the bedsheets? Geeeeez
  We had a hard freeze early this year, now were going to get a week or more of rain  :mope: i'm not dealing with the rain and the bedsheets everyday for a couple more weeks of possible ripening. rather get a headstart on overwintering them.
I got plenty of peppers. the freezer is already full, and dehydrator has been running nonstop.

Bhuter said:
Holy...! Are we kidding somebody with this? What a beautiful sight! Everything looks spot on and gorgeous! I love the layout. Fantastic!
Thanks! The layout was fun to do. A good exhibition of a great Fall harvest, for sure. I'm expecting a few more hauls about this size, especially of Pubes, before we get hit with a freeze next month.

Back