• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

Ghaleon said:
Trinidad Perfume is one of the few peppers I've disliked.

Sofar im not impressed by the flavor either. It taste like a sour citrus habanero. The Dulce was similar and not sweet at all. Personally i think i picked the pods too soon. Im just starting to get ripe pods on both. The Dulce has a really nice but very faint heat to it.

I grew both for one main reason......making sofrito to season beans.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Sofar im not impressed by the flavor either. It taste like a sour citrus habanero. The Dulce was similar and not sweet at all. Personally i think i picked the pods too soon. Im just starting to get ripe pods on both. The Dulce has a really nice but very faint heat to it.

I grew both for one main reason......making sofrito to season beans.

Gotta agree on the dulce. I picked my first ripe pod as soon as it changed color completely. It was just kind of sour and had a bit of heat to it. Not much, maybe a quarter to half the heat of a Thai or Cayenne for mine. I didn't taste any sweetness. I'm leaving the rest on at least a week after they change color all over to see if that may be the cause.

4 Trinidad Perfume. 1 very ripe Aji Arnaucho, 1 Aji Dulce, 3 smaller Antep Aci Dolma and 2 mystery peppers that look similar to a Anaheim. The only heat from any of them is just from the Arnaucho which got pretty sweet and the larger mystery peppers.

This is gunna make a killer sofrito for my beans. Smells very "habby" but the heat is pretty minimal.
vayk4SV.jpg

Finally, i have a few pictures to share; haven´t even picked 10 ripe peppers yet!

RhJDtnD.jpg

Jalapeño Vaquero
F2X7RoD.jpg

Super-tiny Zimbabwe Bird Pepper.  (The unripe ones on the bush are all about double that size....)
3Gpl9Ps.jpg

My first ripe Guajillo.
w2PJU5E.jpg

My first ripe Fatalii this year.
ZFBW4sC.jpg

Picked today, left to right: dinky Poblano (Ancho 101), another Guajillo (lil bigger than the first one), Hot Rod Serrano, Zapotec Jalapeño, 2 more small Jalapeño Vaqueros..

Hopefully, more to come soon!  I have a lot of annuums on the vine; not so many chinense pods yet, though.... sorry bout the huge pics; i have no clue what i´m doing...
-rob

AndyW said:
C6vWR29.jpg

Some Thai Hot Ornamental pods

I realized I hadn't really harvested anything besides the odd one while out with the plants so I grabbed the ripe ones. I've never grown them before (got this as a plant from Ace), but they go green - brown - red. Anyone know if this is normal?
Yes. They do go from green to brown and then to red.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Picked 5 more Jamaican Gold today. A few more are close. Almost enough for a small batch of sauce now. Just need to wait on the other 3-4.

Picked a Bell of Lebanon to sample.

6 more Aleppos went out in the sun to dry. A tiny bit more zip in this round.

Cool man. Once i was web surfing videos on fermented plant extraction, and i saw this video recommendation that was something like herbal infusions as fertilizer. But they didnt put the herbs in water. They set them on top of glass bottles and let the energy of the plant materials vibrate or radiate to the water whatever they used it to feed plants. I can't find it right now.

Back