• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds has anybody ever ordered seeds from the hippy seed company?

wondering if my experience is normal. was told order shipped 1/19 and normal shipping to US takes around 2 weeks. nothing yet.

i do not doubt the nice folks at THSC, but i don't normally order anything online that isn't amazon prime or newegg, haha. maybe i'm over-eager and unduly antsy?

well they are in the middle of a move so things may have gotten lost. I've ordered from them before and sometimes it takes 2 weeks and sometimes it takes a month and a half. But yes, You can trust them.

As Pex said...international shipping times can vary greatly.  Patience~~~

Did they give you any kind of delivery tracking?  Likely tracking will only work within OZ, but I can't say for sure.  At least you'd know if it was en route.

no tracking - last week i emailed over asking for a tracking number, and charlotte said the free shipping cant do international tracking; would've been 15 bucks or so more. not their fault AT ALL, but wish i had known that ahead of time - would've paid. probably jumped the gun ordering from there, but meh. may order a few domestically - i have the fire right now, haha. thanks for input

I have ordered from them a couple of times with no issues. I would just relax and give it a little more time. 

cubbieblue82 said:
probably jumped the gun ordering from there

Why? THSC is a reputable vendor. Good germination rates, and their seeds grow true. I wouldn't write them off just because international shipping can be a little slow.

i do not doubt them at all, and didn't mean to cast aspersion. meant more self-critically :) i'm super-eager to get going on more plants, haha. just bored at work and wondering what kind of experience others here have had, hoping to cool the ants in my pants. ha!

They are solid,Buckeye Peppers is also a solid source
Ive sent seed across the ponds from my own grows and they have taken 2 months(nearly to the day)

I swear by THSC. I had no germination rate on one variety and they had the same issue, they will replace on my next order.

International shipping is a PITA

Re: tracking- I usually ship (not seeds) USPS first class.  First Class now has tracking included in the price, but it only works while the package is in USPS custody.  Once it leaves USPS custody, who knows???  I was not clear on that in my previous post.  I was wondering if THSC had tracking while the package was in Ozzy postal custody.  That might give you a bit of an idea, but it sounds like their shipping is like USPS First Class used to be. 

Is there a CUSTOMS number?  I don't know if letters or bubble envelopes have to have a customs form, but that is a separate way to track. 

Don't panic yet, but yea...once you get bit.......:lol:

As everyone has said Neil and Charlotte are great people. I've ordered twice with 0 problems. Yes it does take a while coming from Australia. Anywhere overseas really (depending on how they ship). I made an order with Mojo that took 33 days from Italy. I've got two more orders from Italy on their way so who knows when they'll arrive.I thought for sure my package had been snatched by customs but nope. I've place multiple orders with a handful of different overseas companies this year and have had 0 customs issues. Some great vendors stateside (I've bought from many this year as well) but I had to try THSC choc scorp, Chuck Norris Moruga and Neil S. Scorp this year

Scorched said:
Some great vendors stateside (I've bought from many this year as well) but I had to try THSC choc scorp, Chuck Norris Moruga and Neil S. Scorp this year
Please keep us updated on these varieties very interested to see how they turn out!

Although they may not have a ton of varieties, I really like ordering from Tomato Growers. They ship fast, the seeds are true, and germinate. Prices are fair, shipping cost is fair. And it only took about a week to get to my door.

Plus, I ordered a [free] catalog and receive new bathroom reading material each season :) Tomato Growers + Turner's Outdoorsman catalogs in the bathroom = lots of good shit!

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/Peppers/departments/15/

Sorry, no input on Hippy Seeds

cubbieblue82 said:
wondering if my experience is normal. was told order shipped 1/19 and normal shipping to US takes around 2 weeks. nothing yet.

i do not doubt the nice folks at THSC, but i don't normally order anything online that isn't amazon prime or newegg, haha. maybe i'm over-eager and unduly antsy?
Did they show? I've ordered from them many times. They have some great crosses that grew true for me. I wondered the same thing. It took two to three weeks for deliver depending on customs.

Not yet but I'm not worried about it. Def was just over eager haha. I didn't even consider that customs could be involved.

Charlotte even emailed me tonight to check up on the status. Great people! I'll be ready as soon as they come!

Had a weak moment though and ordered a bunch from buckeye too lol

Plenty of seed sources here in the US. Buckeye Pepper, Refining Fire Chilies, Puckerbutt " Expensive". And shipping only takes a couple days. The only peppers I order from overseas are one's I cannot find in the US.

I just received some seeds from a member in the US. They were posted on the 27th of Jan, and they arrived yesterday the 12th of Feb. Two weeks for seeds to arrive AU-US or US - AU is about the norm. I'd wait another week and go from there.

If I can be of any assistance, I'd be more than happy to help. 

SR.

Shorerider said:
I just received some seeds from a member in the US. They were posted on the 27th of Jan, and they arrived yesterday the 12th of Feb. Two weeks for seeds to arrive AU-US or US - AU is about the norm. I'd wait another week and go from there.

If I can be of any assistance, I'd be more than happy to help. 

SR.

thank you for sharing your experience. i think more than anything i am just over-eager and an impatient bastard. lol.

Back