• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Has anyone ever used this company for buying plants?

I bought some tomato plants from them last summer. Service was good, but when the plants bore fruit, some were obviously mislabeled. Too late to do anything about it then, so I just let it go. A friend of mine bought over 100 plants from CROSSCOUNTRY nursery last year(chileplants.com) and had great luck with them. That's who I would recommend. The only catch is, is that their minimum mail order purchase is 12 plants.

You do know that you have this guy by the short hairs, Potawie........may cost him a lot of money for copyright infringement..

I bought three packets of Valencia Peanut seed from Matt. Sowed them the way I do all other seeds though I soaked these for a day per instructions. They all rotted. E-mailed Matt and he sent replacement seeds - seven of forty germinated - the rest did nothing. He goes on my crap list.

Mike

DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT buy anything from Hirt's gardens. As with many other people, I bought Bhut seeds from them and went through great lengths to germinate and grow them to only find out they were orange habaneros (oh goodie, my favorite :( ). I contacted them about replacement and they informed me that I could get a refund IF I removed my negative review of them on Amazon.com. They are just another 3rd party seed scammer on the web.

That's the company that was stealing my pics and the chileman's too.
Damn the pics are still there on this amazon webstore, time to talk to Mr. Hirtz again:(
Scroll over the thumbnail pic of naga morich there's one pic of mine(in white dish) and they are my bigbang nagas and not even naga morich:( and there is another pic which is obviously thechileman's(Mark)
http://hirts-gardens.amazonwebstore.com/Naga-Morich-Serpent-Chile-Pepper-10/M/B001UUGDV4.htm
You'll get a kick of this one. After I wrote several negative reviews on Amazon.com about Hirt's Bhut jolokias being orange habaneros, they had the balls to post a picture (probably another one of yours) of an orange hab for Bhuts. These guys are poison!

They are still using my pic(and the chileman's) dammit, and my pic isn't even a "serpent chile" as they advertise :(

hey Necro
i have tons of original strain scorpion seeds (red) if you want some pm me
at least you will have a real scorpion,thats not to say you cant get them but i would love to help

thanks your friend Joe

I bought plants from them this year that arrived beat up and full of white flies.

After posting bad review at Amazon they offered to refund IF I removed the comments :rofl:

Plants also turned out not to be what they were advertised to be either. :(

I bought a Bonda Ma Jacques from them this year. (Make sure that IF you got Bonda seeds from me this year you watch them carefully!)
They still ended up being Bonda's, but the plant was MANGLED when it got here. It was VERY stunted. After I pruned a bit, I was able to nurse it to health. They also claimed that the plant would be close to 6" high. Ummmmmmm, nope! I would say the had MAYBE 2-3 sets of trues. I wasnt wronged like others on here, but I would DEFINATELY not order from them again.
It looks like the best place to get actual PLANTS from is Cross Country Nursery. True, the minimum order is 12 plants, but the plants are pretty cheap. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn someone told me that they will let people split the orders. Worth a shot, right?

Back