• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Has anyone grown Biker Billy jalapeños

There we go! It was a long one....hmmm. Click on the picture.

Those do look tempting! I love jalapenos. If the flavor is still good and they are really hotter that is fantastic!

My favorite thing to grow are red jalapenos for smoked red jalapeno powder. If they were just bigger that would give me a whole lot more bang for my buck.

Are you going to get some?

I dunno, probably...they look tempting to me as well,...I'd really like to know if they're as good as they look.

BTW, the smoked red jalapeño powder sounds delicious...:onfire:

Oh it is. It is absolutely mind blowing in a rib rub or in taco meat. I made the mistake of giving small amounts away for christmas in years past. Now the demand is a downright nuissance! I may have to start charging for it.

If anyone is interested, I'm willing to go in on a pack of Jalapeno Gigante seeds. I don't need 30 seeds, but I'd like 10. It would be cheaper in the long run for all of us. Unless, you're planning on planting all 30 seeds!!

Chris

Read my mind Brother!

I would be Ok with that...OR

I have about 10 seeds left that I could spare of:

Either my smoky orange had( unbelievable, search (this hab plant is a machine)
OR my Frank's Hot Sweet. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. Fairly hot, super sweet, thick smooth flesh and skin. Looks like a ripe tomato.

Or my vietnamese minis. Also an elusive heirloom variety. Tasty, small, and one hell of a producer.

Just let me know!

Hmmm....I seem to recall reading about Biker Billy in Chile Pepper Magazine. Seems like he is the first person to have a pepper species named after him....or a generic name...

Sounds right.

The main drawback with Burpee for me is the S/H. The seed pack is $3.50. S/H is $4.95! That is $8.45 for a pack of seeds. I was hoping to split that three ways to about $2.75-$2.80 each.

UNLESS someone wants to order more at Burpee than just this variety. Paying $4.25 each for 15 seeds is a bit expensive for a jalapeno! I just love S/H costs. $5 for a pack of seeds is s bit ridiculous compared to others in the industry.

I'll leave it at that as I know others may disagree about the cost of running a business, etc. I respect that viewpoint as well. That's why I support Peppermania...$0.75 S/H for many years for UNLIMITED packages of seed. Now it's $1.50 for S/H, but that is mighty fair.

Chris

P.S. Your other peppers sound good too. I'd love to try them. :lol: Hard to turn down a variety than produces like a machine.

cheezydemon said:
Read my mind Brother!

I would be Ok with that...OR

OR my Frank's Hot Sweet. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. Fairly hot, super sweet, thick smooth flesh and skin. Looks like a ripe tomato.

Or my vietnamese minis. Also an elusive heirloom variety. Tasty, small, and one hell of a producer.

Just let me know!

cmpman1974 said:
If anyone is interested, I'm willing to go in on a pack of Jalapeno Gigante seeds. I don't need 30 seeds, but I'd like 10.
Chris

cheezydemon said:

Hope I didn't jump the gun on this one but I just ordered the gigante from Burpee's........shipping is high but I stuff a lot of japs.

I will let you know when they get in and get your mailing addy's. As far as splitting cost goes....don't worry about it.

Chris...do you have any seeds you can trade? Not just pepper but tomato's, cucumbers, or squash?

Cheezy...I would definitely like some of the smoky orange hab seeds.

Sounds great AlabamaJack! Thanks. Yes, I have plenty of seeds of cucumbers and squash. What are you looking for? I'm happy to mail some seeds your way. :)

I'll e-mail you my adddress privately.

Chris

AlabamaJack said:
Hope I didn't jump the gun on this one but I just ordered the gigante from Burpee's........shipping is high but I stuff a lot of japs.

I will let you know when they get in and get your mailing addy's. As far as splitting cost goes....don't worry about it.

Chris...do you have any seeds you can trade? Not just pepper but tomato's, cucumbers, or squash?

Cheezy...I would definitely like some of the smoky orange hab seeds.

Indeed Willard! Unfortunately most people picture thesoggy pod packed in adobo and in a can, So I just break it down. Also chipotle seems to be the new fad phrase.(ie. chipotle burgers, chipotle pringles, etc.)

lol, AJ with all of the pepper love you are spreading, I think you may be losing track. I have a bunch of seeds here at work and I know that some of them are for you from another trade, but I will make sure that you get those as well! Again, I appreciate all that you are doing!(if I don't have the habs for you with me, I will mail it all tomorrow)

Back