• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Have you started growing for 2015?

Zone 8b here. Sowed my wilds, Chinense and Pubescens on Christmas day. Planning on starting annuum's and baccatums in a couple of weeks.

I am getting read to germinate some Serrano peppers in zone 7a. Using a grow tent and DWC. The plants will stay in there year round.

Europe zone 9 here. Just started mine on wet paper towel today. Hopefully not too early, planning to plant out in pots in April.

t7LWsZJ.jpg

GO8vt8q.jpg

This guy was almost root bound moved him up to this pot yesterday and today he looks much better. Pic from yesterday though

LaUwyNy.jpg

hKZsAU3.jpg

Th guy on the right was the root bound

I1lEDhA.jpg

Heres a shot from today

Potato quality

84VdNAk.jpg

ZY4n9ER.jpg

Going to start tomorrow,beginning with bhuts red,white,yellow,chocolate,peach,orange,mustard,black and caramel,boc,indian carbon.Plan to have everything in by mid-Jan.Then followed by nagas,7pots,scorpions,chinenses,baccatums and frutescens and annuums go in last.

First week or two of February... otherwise, my plants outgrow the pots/lights before I plant them outdoors the third or fourth week of May.

sirex said:

This guy was almost root bound moved him up to this pot yesterday and today he looks much better. Pic from yesterday though
Good looking start :) Good luck

I started in paper towels on 12/22. One Chocolate scorpion and one peach bhut popped right away and have been in soil since 12/26. I also have brain strain and Moruga currently in soil. 19 in soil altogether amongst those four varieties. Think I put 5 other types in towels today. I have decent room inside but it'll likely be survival of the fittest, will have to chop some down or give some away. Too many other types that I haven't started yet that are must haves.

Genetikx said:
I started in paper towels on 12/22. One Chocolate scorpion and one peach bhut popped right away and have been in soil since 12/26. I also have brain strain and Moruga currently in soil. 19 in soil altogether amongst those four varieties. Think I put 5 other types in towels today. I have decent room inside but it'll likely be survival of the fittest, will have to chop some down or give some away. Too many other types that I haven't started yet that are must haves.
Genetikx said:
what have'nt you started that is a must have?
what have'nt you started that is a must have?

Most of the stuff that you, Transient, MiChris and Scorched have been so generous with.

Really looking forward to these...
7 Pot Caramel
7 Pot Infinity
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Long Red
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Yellow
7 PotBurgundy
Aji Pineapple
Bhut Caramel
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Black Congo
Douglah
Galapagos Red Habanero
Jays Ghost Scorpion Red
White, red and yellow devils tongue

Now if I could get my hands on some jigsaw, I'd probably be all set.
Oh, and jays peach ghost scorpion. Who am I kidding, there's never enough lol

What are those stones you planted them in in?

That would be expanded clay pellets or "hydroton". It's an inert medium whose basic function is for support and coverage of the plant and its roots. Commonly used in hydroponic setups, in my case DWC.

Think I may start some seeds this weekend...

Anybody notice how this site starts to get busy the first of the year and peaks mid summer. I know I tend to log in Feb and be active through Sep.
Then I just stop posting till the next year.

Back