• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Having a holiday in Ontario, visiting Toronto area and Ottawa

Sauces So Far

OK, so the list is kinda long...

on swap from Ken, (thanks mate, will have to throw a barbie and share the love when i get home!):

Defcon DM MkII
Defcon 1
Scorch Hot Sauce
Magma Hot Sauce
Phsycho Bitch by Fire Girl
Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce (Medium recipe)
Pain is Good Louisiana Style Batch #218

At Taste: The Fourth Sense
Salsa Lizano (aka Costa Rican Ketchup -- memories of when I lived there back in '91)
Melinda's Amarillo W.Indies Mustard Sauce
The Ghost
Betty B's Pepper Sauce au Pepper Original Trinidadian Recipe
Wasabi Wow -- wasabi and Chilli sauce
and a freebie : No Smokin' at the Table

I still have a trip to the hot sauce shop in Ottawa, and maybe a trip back to Taste.

Not a bad mixed bag eh?

Niel, Lord Vikyor and Mick, if you want a bottle of something as a return favour, pm me ASAP.

I gotta say, I'm pretty tired from the last 7 days, drinking, jet lag, and then the weekend has been nuts. Tomorrow is rest day, then driving out to Ottawa for more excitement.

Although it's a bit of a tourist trap, Niagara Falls is spectacular (but dont go there for a week long honeymoon if you plan on leaving your hotel room).

I've been on the 'Maid' a couple of times now, and it always blows me away how powerful the falls are, and the volume of water coming over the falls is tremendous. If i could find the :thumbs up: emoticon, I would add it here.

RS

I can't believe it I missed you again. I gotta read these threads daily. You passed right by me on your way to the falls. Do you remember going through St.Catharines? Thats where I live. :(

Oh no... Hey Chililover, wife with headache, screaming baby doesnt equal pleasant stop..

I'm trying to find time to get to the Steam Museum in Hamilton sometime after i get back from Ottawa. I will pm you if i pull it off, and swing by for a beer/pop.

Any we only decided to go to the Falls on Sunday night, so not much chance to organise something unless you're like IGG and more or less trying to hatch a new internet by sitting on this one..

RS

ring sting said:
I gotta say, I'm pretty tired from the last 7 days, drinking, jet lag, and then the weekend has been nuts. Tomorrow is rest day, then driving out to Ottawa for more excitement.

RS

:shocked:

There is nothing exciting about the 6 hour drive to Ottawa...:lol:

Hot Canuck said:
:shocked:

There is nothing exciting about the 6 hour drive to Ottawa...:lol:

lol....

So I'm told. But once there, I get to see... ... ...

WHAT is there to see in Ottawa?

So far on my list:

Look where I fell on my ass on the frozen Rideau Canal back in '02, go to Chilly Chiles.

ANYTHING ELSE??? They got a good museum?

Any good specialty foods? Poutine better there? What??

ring sting said:
lol....

So I'm told. But once there, I get to see... ... ...

WHAT is there to see in Ottawa?

So far on my list:

Look where I fell on my ass on the frozen Rideau Canal back in '02, go to Chilly Chiles.

ANYTHING ELSE??? They got a good museum?

Any good specialty foods? Poutine better there? What??

http://www.byward-market.com/

all i know. There are some nice pubs downtown as well, but it really is a dull city. If you want fun, cross the border and go to Gatineau... lots of 'revealing bars' ;)

oh, wait - you're with the wife... better stick to the Market...

I hardly ever go into Ottawa anymore, but here's a few suggestions:
If you want some great pizza, you can check out my old neighborhood and go to Lorenzo's on Arch St. Its out of the way but worth the drive! They used to have a good poutine too, but go with the pizza. Usually the best poutines are from a chip-wagon, but some are always better than others.
The museum of civilization is apparently great, its just over the brige from downtown Ottawa, on the Quebec side.
If you make it to Lorenzo's then you're not to far from the Museum of science and technology which was always great when I went there as a kid.
Good luck and have fun eh!

Penny said:
Glad you are having a great time while your here RS.

Every time I look at your avatar I think of fish and chips at either The Erie Belle in Kincardin or Lord Elgins in Port Elgin...:cool:

Penny said:
Me...no i am up around Collingwood.

Grew up in Owen Sound though.

Oh that's right. Either are worth stopping in at if you are heading south.

RS - sorry about thread hijack.

When do you head to Ottawa?

Going to Ottawa tomorrow, back in 7 days.

I had a look at the museum websites, and will probably go to the Aviation (deHavilland Beaver), Agriculture (tractors) and Science and Technology (space and trains) museums.

Wife and child will accompany me to the agriculture one as she has a thing for cows. They also have a butter making and tasting show daily at 10, and an ice cream making and tasting at 2!

She has no interest in the Beaver, Canada's most important airframe, nor in technology.

Will also make time for a trip to Byward Market, and a general snoop around the downtown core.

RS

ring sting said:
Going to Ottawa tomorrow, back in 7 days.

I had a look at the museum websites, and will probably go to the Aviation (deHavilland Beaver), Agriculture (tractors) and Science and Technology (space and trains) museums.

Wife and child will accompany me to the agriculture one as she has a thing for cows. They also have a butter making and tasting show daily at 10, and an ice cream making and tasting at 2!

She has no interest in the Beaver, Canada's most important airframe, nor in technology.

Will also make time for a trip to Byward Market, and a general snoop around the downtown core.

RS

well, I have found two different steak houses, one in the market, and one downtown, that I was very happy with, but in each case I was there for a company hockey tournament, so important info like names and locations is non-existant...

Back