• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Heat after germination?

How important is it? I will move them outside somewhere around early April and want to have them ready by then. I've got seedlings popping out left and right and want to make sure I do all I can to insure this. Do I need heat after they pop? I have light on them and from about 4-6 I get direct sunlight on them in a window.

You don't need to keep them on a heat mat, if that's what you're asking. The temperature will be a factor in how fast they grow, however. Room temp is fine if you don't want them growing fast, but you may want to warm the room up otherwise.

You don't need to keep them on a heat mat, if that's what you're asking. The temperature will be a factor in how fast they grow, however. Room temp is fine if you don't want them growing fast, but you may want to warm the room up otherwise.

Yes, that's what I was asking. Thanks Geeme.

mid 70s seems to be working out well for my plants. The bigger plants love it and are growing like weeds and the sprouts seem to enjoy it too. I keep it this warm in the basement by shutting the door on my small 4x6 grow room when the lights are on. The lights provide all the warmth the plants need. Ambient temp in the basement is low 60s this time of year.

Ambient temperature is just fine once they have germinated.

They will be much more concerned with light and water at this point.

As long as you are in a temp range that is comfortable for you, it will be comfortable for them.

Back