• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review HeatAddicts Review of LDHS Green Label

I absolutely love this stuff. I shied away from purchasing the green label for a while just because I thought it was going to be a milder version of the red label, but happened to get one, and it is freaking amazing. It has a taste all its own. Great flavor!

I absolutely love this stuff. I shied away from purchasing the green label for a while just because I thought it was going to be a milder version of the red label, but happened to get one, and it is freaking amazing. It has a taste all its own. Great flavor!

I really wasn't expecting to like the Green Label as much as I did, since it is a milder sauce. But the flavor was all sorts of awesome, and only made me forget to complain about the heat level.

Also, just like the other Lucky Dog sauces I've tried, this one had chameleon-like characteristics. The flavor profile of the sauce appears to change a bit depending on what you eat it on. Some flavors stand out, while others are muted. Maybe it is a mental thing. I don't know for sure. I just know that I'm always noticing something different about his hot sauces the more I use them.

Wow - great review. Thanks for the awesome feedback, all!

And Juan - not an illusion. Different foods bring out different flavors. I really notice the lime undertones more on Mexican food. On pizza I hardly catch it at all. :cheers:

I think it is just something that I notice much, much more with your sauces.

I take it as a great compliment - I love the versitility that chamelion-like quality provides. The green label especially seems to "feature" different notes depending on what you eat it on.

I actually added the lime juice after JayT reviewed - he detected a hint of bitterness to the aftertaste, which I attribute to the Cayennes - and I found through experimentation that adding a hint of lime helped to mask that perfectly.

:cheers:

Have you looked into getting into any of the specialty shops? There is a place called 'Fire and Spice' in Wilmington, NC. I vacation near there about once a year... The guy that runs the place is extremely nice, and is always looking for new products. He also really likes to support up and coming sauce makers. Last time I was there, he was recommending several sauces from local/upstart makers.

Just curious...

Speaking of e-mails, you should try contacting Wegman's about carrying your sauces. They are a WNY area grocery chain, and they might be interested in adding some new hot sauces to their selection. I can't make any guarantees that they'll say yes. But it would definitely be worth a shot.

Plus, if they did take you up on it, I could just go down the street to get more when I run out. :woohoo:

I'll be looking into those, thanks - marketing out of state is costly & I'm really focusing in building a local brand 1st - for one I'm fortunate to be in a real "foodie" area of the country, and for another groceries are about leverage. The better my brand is built here, the easier it'll be for me in other markets.

That said, I'm always willing to investigate shops out of state - Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati carries LDHS & that's been smooth sailing, so once I'm full time mid-Feb I'll reach out to those stores.

Of course if you guys hounded them to carry LDHS & gave 'em my contact info it might be easier! :dance:

Back