• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Heated Pizza

Here's the pizza sauce I've concocted, It's a basic enchilada sauce but where it says 1 table spoon I've added 3 table spoons and chipotle spice, cayenne, Arbole spice, "All this in a 1/4th measuring cup"

Sauce done, Tomorrow I'll make the dough.

497798003_yVjRW-S.jpg

Buffalo Man said:
That has made my rapidly growing list of foods to try.

Like wise mate.....But phat man...mine isnt going to have habs....
Bhuts all the way! Freshly cut bhuts and some sundried toms!!

Scorpion said:
Like wise mate.....But phat man...mine isnt going to have habs....
Bhuts all the way! Freshly cut bhuts and some sundried toms!!
Lucky bummer. but probable too hot for me right now, I'm still easing into the habeneros and maybe in a couple of weeks I may actually try one. Oh that's what I forgot to buy last week when I was at the food bank, Tomatoes.

PhatManDerek said:
Lucky bummer. but probable too hot for me right now, I'm still easing into the habeneros and maybe in a couple of weeks I may actually try one. Oh that's what I forgot to buy last week when I was at the food bank, Tomatoes.

Make sure you 'You tube' it when you do...good fun! Youve had a heap of hipe from all the discussions and so on! I'll you tube one in a few days for inspiration huh??! he he!

Do you have a commercial pizza sauce?

Buffalo Man said:
Yeah, definetly.

Scorpion said:
Make sure you 'You tube' it when you do...good fun! Youve had a heap of hipe from all the discussions and so on! I'll you tube one in a few days for inspiration huh??! he he!
Oh yeah no kidding,I will youtube it soon, I noticed the the few slivers I had to eat today before they went on the pizza had a sweet taste and that taste stayed with me for about an hour or so It was a very pleasant taste.

Captain Murphy said:
Awesome lookin' pie there PMD!
Thanks Captain M, I really enjoy playing with pizza & making it, I also love to play with the pizza dough & even bread dough, It satisfies me like nothing else has in the past!

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks Captain M, I really enjoy playing with pizza & making it, I also love to play with the pizza dough & even bread dough, It satisfies me like nothing else has in the past!
I lost my appetite :eek:

PhatManDerek said:

Wait, what?:shocked::sick:

Alright Phatz, you've inspired me to cook up some pie.... I'll be buying ingred's tonight and sloppin it together tomorrow. Might try ur enchilada sauce... pics to come

ExtremeBurn said:
Alright Phatz, you've inspired me to cook up some pie.... I'll be buying ingred's tonight and sloppin it together tomorrow. Might try ur enchilada sauce... pics to come
You will not be disappointing, By the way with this pizza your going to get Sweet, Sour, Heat, Sweet savory flavors all in 1 bite.

It's really an awesome combo and I would suggest putting 1 1/2 teaspoon salt in your dough so that way you can get a semi hard to hard crust.

Hard crust? Do you mean cracker style crust? If so, a typical cracker style dough will have 2# bread flour to 2 cups 110 degree h20, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon of olive or canola oil, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon yeast. Salt, in and of itself will not make a hard crust. Its the water to flour ratio that will determine the actual texture of the crust. Too much salt in the dough can ultimately kill the yeast and the leavening.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Hard crust? Do you mean cracker style crust? If so, a typical cracker style dough will have 2# bread flour to 2 cups 110 degree h20, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon of olive or canola oil, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon yeast. Salt, in and of itself will not make a hard crust. Its the water to flour ratio that will determine the actual texture of the crust. Too much salt in the dough can ultimately kill the yeast and the leavening.

Cheers, TB.
That's my recipe for my Pizza crust.

but I left out the salt since I'm on a salt diet although I try to stick to it.

PhatManDerek said:
That's my recipe for my Pizza crust.

but I left out the salt since I'm on a salt diet although I try to stick to it.

If it's a low sodium diet you can always use pseudo-salt but i don't think its too good for cooking with.

Sickmont said:
If it's a low sodium diet you can always use pseudo-salt but i don't think its too good for cooking with.
Thanks for the help sick, I've switched to sea salt and I ground some up in the magic bullet the other night.

I tell you the magic bullet has become a staple in my cooking!

PhatManDerek said:
I tell you the magic bullet has become a staple in my cooking!

Huh i'd have figured that plastic body would melt under the heat of a broiler.....probably doesn't tatse too good either

Sickmont said:
Huh i'd have figured that plastic body would melt under the heat of a broiler.....probably doesn't tatse too good either
It would melt, I was just saying that I've used the bullet for so many things its not even funny!

Back