• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Heaviest Yielding Plants

I have to apologize for a mistake in identity. I've suspected for a little while what was sold to me as 'goat horn' is actually a C. annuum that is known as 'Holland Hot Finger.' All other comments about that pod apply. I absolutely love them!

this is my first year growing a lot of these, but heres my observations so far:

ring of fire - very prolific growth, setting pods like crazy!
hottie - an 80 day habanaro hybrid thats supposed to hold the pods better, also setting pods like crazy :P
serrano - idk how they will yield yet, but the plants are one of the biggest this year.
anahiem - also one of my biggest plants, should be a good yielder

if your looking at most yield over a long period of time though, I would have to say some sort of rocoto/manzano... simply because they seem to live forever :P

How about this one Cap 1546

Cap1546P1000195.jpg

hmm, looks almost exactly the same as my little blues, only little blues have slightly darker foliage and more rounded peppers, some even have visible lobes.
they have good heat with a fairly plain flavor, good for spicing things up.

You mean this one Pretty in purple

BonnetBellP1000130.jpg

So far this year I think my heaviest yielding plants are Cumari (yellow Chinense one), Fatalii, and Jamaican Hot (c. annum, and I usually don't get heavy yields from annums). Hard to judge the cumari though, since the pods are so small, but there are over a hundred pods already and it only started setting pods relatively recently. It is my biggest plant even though it was started late. I kind of wish I had put it in the ground considering how big it is. Maybe I'll pot it up to a 12 gallon or something. I have a Ring of Fire cayenne (I think, tag got lost) that is producing really well too. Bhut jolokia, bih jolokia, Naga Morich and Yellow Bhut are all producing very well too.

You mean this one Pretty in purple

PrettyinpurpleP1000606.jpg

thats more like the shape of the little blues, but their basicly the same coloration as the one i quoted before.
one plant even grows odd shaped ones with 2 very distinct lobes... been thinkin of saving seed and if the trait passes on calling it a bum pepper or something like that :P (their rly funny looking... and their almost rock solid too!) my fav has dark green foliage w/ slight purple marking and peppers prolly 1.5x the size of the others (slightly hollow tho)

ill post a pic here when I get some of my new ones uploaded.

Back