• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Heavy Metal Thread......list your faves

Badger said:
Ballzworth, you're the only other person I know who likes Opeth. Deliverance and Blackwater Park are 2 albums I just love.

Opeth is one of my top few favorite bands. Deliverance is definitely my favorite album, but unlike most fans of theirs, Blackwater Park is my least favorite of theirs. I still love it, but just not as much as the others. They're all just top notch albums.

FiveStar said:
And I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mastadon yet.

Another one of my favorites. Remission probably being my favorite album. I love all of them but see to like each one not quite as much as the one before it.

Sickmont said:
Actually, its funny you bring them up. They're supposed to be on tour with Dethklok(from Adultswim's Metalocalypse), and i've been thinking about going to the Orlando show.

I'll be at the Pompano Beach show. Should be a great show. All the bands are awesome, but I'm looking forward to Converge the most. I'm from Boston and remember seeing them back in the mid 90s

Micca302 said:
Don't see any TOOL on the lists. Gotta have some TOOL!
Maybe not HEAVY metal, but damn awesome.
Everyone has a bit of TOOL in them:lol:
I'm also really enjoying some Trivium (Aussie Metal)at the moment.

Micca

I've been a huge Tool fan since Undertow came out in 93. Seen them an insane number of times, have a couple Tool tattoos. I don't quite consider them metal though either.

I could go on and on about metal but a brief summary of some of my other favorites are:

Carcass, Cynic, Between the Buried and Me, Meshuggah, Tesseract, Decapitated, At The Gates, Candiria, Cryptopsy, The Faceless, Grave, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Black Dahlia Murder, Fuck... I'm Dead, Cattle Decapitation,

Good to see some other metalheads on here, I thought I was one of the only ones.

Thanatopsis said:
Carcass, Cynic, Between the Buried and Me, Meshuggah, Tesseract, Decapitated, At The Gates, Candiria, Cryptopsy, The Faceless, Grave, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Black Dahlia Murder, Fuck... I'm Dead, Cattle Decapitation,

I like the list....heavy! I never thought I'd see another Cattle Decapitation fan on here. And being from Canada, I've seen Cryptopsy live quite a few times. The most insane drummer I think I've ever seen.

I'm listening to OPETH right for the first time and enjoy what i'm
hearing very much:-)as long as the lead singer doesn't flip on me
and turns into the cookie monster they're quite brilliant actually!

captainpepper said:

They're a very good band of musicians - I must get hold of more of their stuff. When he's not growling Mikael Akerfeldt has a very good voice. See if you can listen to "Harvest" or "A fair judgement", you'll see what I mean. By the way, they're playing Tel Aviv on November 10.

Thanks for those recommendations...i might actually go see them live :cool:
Benighted
Face of Melinda
To bid Farewell
Are pretty mellow as well;)

captainpepper said:

Opeth does do quite a bit of "cookie monster" vocals. I think the stuff you're hearing is the mellow clean vocal stuff. The majority of their stuff is actually the death metal style. Possibly you're listening to the Damnation album?? (that's all clean vocals) and Deliverance was released at the same time (one of their heavier albums).

Glad to hear you're liking them so far though. They're musically diverse and have more than enough technical skills to go around.

Opeth does do quite a bit of "cookie monster" vocals
It's all about the timing for me:lol:Opeth does seem to have some tracks with growling vocals that i can definitely dig:)

The tracks i just mentioned are apparantly from their Still Life and Morning Rise Albums:-)

Thanatopsis said:
I've been a huge Tool fan since Undertow came out in 93. Seen them an insane number of times, have a couple Tool tattoos. I don't quite consider them metal though either.

I could go on and on about metal but a brief summary of some of my other favorites are:

Good to see some other metalheads on here, I thought I was one of the only ones.

They definately put on a great live show! Love to put them on after a hard day at work:cool:
Tool tatoo's, now that's pretty cool. Maybe we need a thread on Metal tatoo's?

There's alot of metal bands that I havn't heard for a long time, thanks for reminding me of them guys.

Don't know if you Metalheads have heard of Allegiance? It was a little Perth metalband that seemed to really take off and I used to love going to see them. Unfortunately like alot of the others I think they faded away or went into other bands.
They definately were popular and loved their guitar work, mmmm wonder what happened to them?

Micca

Micca302 said:
They definately put on a great live show! Love to put them on after a hard day at work:cool:
Tool tatoo's, now that's pretty cool. Maybe we need a thread on Metal tatoo's?

There's alot of metal bands that I havn't heard for a long time, thanks for reminding me of them guys.

Don't know if you Metalheads have heard of Allegiance? It was a little Perth metalband that seemed to really take off and I used to love going to see them. Unfortunately like alot of the others I think they faded away or went into other bands.
They definately were popular and loved their guitar work, mmmm wonder what happened to them?

Micca

Hey Micca, I remember Allegience! Think I was about 15 yrs old when I heard them.

My fav bands are Soulfly and Marilyn Manson. I also like Sepultura but prefer Max's songs with Soulfly,Disturbed, Static X, Coal Chamber and some others that I can't think of. I won a Kitty Cd once and they sound pretty cool, not bad for chicks.

Not into death metal though, I like to be able to sing along to the songs. As I'm getting older my music is starting to mellow out a bit but love to listen to a bit of metal to get me revved up.

Of course old, and the newest Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Newer Metal: Meshuggah(listening to right now!!), Devildriver, Slipknot, and Dethklok(new album out Sept 29!!!).

Other favorites, Misfits(have a tatto), and Calabrese(New Album out soon!!!)

Cool, Candice the Metal Groupie:P
Perth really gets starved of Metal, Metallica’s first concert sold out in about 30mins and they had to put on a second one!

Micca

There are just to many bands to list:oops:if i had to choose my favourite metal band to date it would still probably be Black Sabbath
in their "Master Of Reality" era...that album was probably one of the most influential albums ever on the entire metal scene!!!:cool:

I caught my little innocent 10 year old daughter listening to Masters Of Reality a couple days ago. I yelled at her.... to turn it up!

scarpetti said:
I caught my little innocent 10 year old daughter listening to Masters Of Reality a couple days ago. I yelled at her.... to turn it up!

Good girl! That's how I got into metal - I came home from school one day (I was about 7 or 8) and looked through my dad's record collection and found Sabbath's first album. I was fascinated by the cover, so I put it on the player and ...wow! Been a metalhead ever since.

scarpetti said:
She is adorable:)(love the photo of you and her on your profile...it's so sweet:cool:)

Is she adorable??? Or is she EVIL???
rain137.jpg

Back