Hello, Azir from Trinidad & Tobago!

Thanks for all the welcome greetings guys.

I just came back from a class and I learned that due to NAFTA, a lot of produce would come from Mexico at very competitive prices!
Seeing that the trade agreement removes certain taxes, it is cheaper to get food crops such as peppers from Mexico and also due to the similar weather they have with Trinidad.

I just came back from a class and I learned that due to NAFTA, a lot of produce would come from Mexico at very competitive prices! ...

I'm new myself so welcome to both of us :D ... Tuff to compete against NAFTA but while I was living in JA, I did a lot of trading with Trinidad and found that I saved a lot over US imports by keeping most of our selling and buying within the Caribbean. At that time I was very familiar with the CARICOM trade agreements, not sure how they've changed since my time there but you should take a look to see if they can help you in Caribbean trade.

I'm new myself so welcome to both of us :D ... Tuff to compete against NAFTA but while I was living in JA, I did a lot of trading with Trinidad and found that I saved a lot over US imports by keeping most of our selling and buying within the Caribbean. At that time I was very familiar with the CARICOM trade agreements, not sure how they've changed since my time there but you should take a look to see if they can help you in Caribbean trade.

Thanks WalkGood!
When you say JA, you mean Jamaica right?
The laws have changed somewhat. It's no longer Caricom but now CSME which now mean Caricom Single Market Economy. I know they have changed some laws so I just have to read up on them and be well learned!

Thanks WalkGood!
When you say JA, you mean Jamaica right?
The laws have changed somewhat. It's no longer Caricom but now CSME which now mean Caricom Single Market Economy. I know they have changed some laws so I just have to read up on them and be well learned!

Yes I mean Jamaica and good point on the changes, I thought as much. Good luck with the business :)

Back