Hello from central Massachusetts

I've been growing peppers of all types, since I was a little boy. The first chili pepper I grew was a hot Italian pepper, the seeds of which I obtained from a bottle of red pepper flakes found in my Mom's spice rack.

My love of all-things-spicy really took off when I went to college in Tucson, Arizona. I now live in Worcester, MA where, unfortunately, our growing season is rather short.

I really like old heirloom types of peppers, but my favorite are some of the Asian varieties. I've grown Korean Maraca peppers and even made my own Kimchi and Gochujang from them.

I'm really glad i've found this forum, and look forward to sharing stories, recipes and maybe even some seeds with ya'll.

--mikepellerin

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL [SIZE=8pt]
880smile-1.png
[/SIZE]

Hi and welcome from a fellow kimchi-head in western MA. I've been growing Gochus for about 5 years now, and started when the Asian markets around here began carrying Chinese pepper powder instead of Korean... they're worlds apart. Hanging out here I've learned a lot about growing all types of chiles, and my grow has expanded to about 70 plants and maybe 50 varieties here in zone 5a. Cheers!

Back