Hello from Central New York

Hi all,

I've been lurking here since last summer and am planning on asking some questions soon so I wanted to give a quick hello to everyone first.   

I've been casually gardening for the past 10 years and have always enjoyed having peppers in my garden.  Sure, I'd throw in some habaneros, jalapenos and other common varieties in there every season.  Last year however,  I happened to find a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion plant at a local garden center and really got interested in the world of exotics and superhots.  I've always been a fan of overly spicy/hot foods and even purchased one of those hand number dave's insanity special reserve sauces back 20 years or so ago...that stuff was HOT.   Anyway, after finally having one of the world's hottest in my garden, I became fascinated with the wide variety of peppers out there and soon found myself ordering boxes of them from some of the vendors here and making delicious purees.  

This season I'm ready to expand my garden size by adding some raised beds and starting my own seeds for the first time ever instead of buying plants.   To accomplish this, I have purchased an Aerogarden Ultra LED with a seed starting kit.   I've been digging around on the site for info but still find myself clueless on a number of things so I'll be asking some questions and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!

Shadrack

Congrats on stepping into the light :party:
Best of luck to you this season.
A bit of unsolicited advice: germinate more than you plan to grow. All else being equal, some seedlings are just stronger than others.

:welcome: to THP !  Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina

Welcome from an old overwintered fart who was sprouted in the Mohawk Valley.  

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back