Hello from Colorado!

Just wanted to say hello. I love growing many types of plants but hot peppers are one of my favorites since I get to combine my love for spicy food with growing.

I moved to Colorado (zone 5b) last year after living in Southern California (zone 10a) all of my life so this was my first Colorado growing season and I'd say it was a good learning experience. All my peppers were in 5 gallon fabric pots this year but I have plans to prepare some raised beds in the back yard for next year's peppers and other veggies.

It hasn't dipped below 40 here at night yet but I've already brought the plants I plan to overwinter into the basement under HIDs.

I'm looking forward to joining the discussions here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Mene said:
What part of Colorado are you in?

Where the Great Plains meet the Rockies in Northeastern Colorado, just under an hour north of Denver.  Go Broncos  :dance:  :party:

dubG said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Where the Great Plains meet the Rockies in Northeastern Colorado, just under an hour north of Denver.  Go Broncos  :dance:  :party:
I lived in the Fort Collins/Loveland/Longmont area for several months, as well as out on the East Plains for a time

Mene said:
I lived in the Fort Collins/Loveland/Longmont area for several months, as well as out on the East Plains for a time
I didn't realize you were familiar with the area, I'm in longmont. Small world.

dubG said:
I didn't realize you were familiar with the area, I'm in longmont. Small world.
Very cool! I lived there four about 9 months total. I moved around a lot in my time there. I loved Longmont, and I REALLY loved Estes Park!

Back