Hello from Connecticut

Hey all new member here from CT. It seems like every time I searched for info on hot peppers on the web this forum ended up providing the answer, so rather than lurk I decided to join.

My Mother-in-law is the reason I really like hot peppers; she turned me on to Scotch Bonnets, and there is a local place that makes some super hot wings with them. 
I got my hands on some bhut jalokias last winter and made omelets with them that more or less melted our faces off; then of course there was the ring burn.

Anyways  I love to garden, currently I'm growing Orange Habenero, Cayenne, Jalapeno & a red bell, but I'm looking to expand next year, maybe grow some super hots; I tried to get my hands on some seedlings this year but it didn't happen. I have a bunch of other stuff in my garden (hops, zucchini, peas, beans, tomatoes, herbs etc.) so obviously I also ran out of space this year, I'll be expanding (and reorganizing) next year. I'll be devoting at least an 8x2 bed to hot peppers, if not more.
I actually harvested some of my first year willamette hops, only about 0.75 oz dried; my first year centennials are looking like they will provide me with 1.5 oz dried, so hey there's a batch of beer right there! Next year they should provide me with a much better yield.

Any suggestions for super-hots in zone 6? Bhut takes forever to mature, but I love the flavor (and face melting ability) so I may go with them and just mini-green house the plant to extend the season.I don't exactly have the best setup indoors to start seeds, so I may have to discuss some options with the local greenhouses.

Anyways, thanks for providing information to me over the years, next year will be (hopefully) epic!

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome to THP.                                                     From St. Aug.

NKOTB.jpg

Greetings. I am in SW CT. Where is this wing place you mentioned? I had some wings with a ghostmpepper sauce in Monroe that kicked my a$$!

Back