Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska!

Hi everybody -- I found this site while looking for photos of chili peppers to add to my facebook page.  This is a sweet site! I have a small business (very small) selling hot sauces and spicy jellies and would like to eventually do well enough to quit my bill-paying job and still be able to afford to do things with my young son.  Looking forward to getting to know people here.  Advice from those who are successfully doing what they love would be truly appreciated.   If any of you are on facebook and open to liking my page -- Glacial Heat -- that would be appreciated as well.    :cheers:

Michelle
Glacial Heat

Helvete said:
Hey there, in the process of moving to Soldotna.  I'm going to be growing indoors year round, I already have some second year plants.  Welcome to THP :mouthonfire:

:) hi!  Where are you moving from?  I saw an indoor heated greenhouse kind of thing at SAMs the other day and thought about purchasing it, but I have a really black thumb and am afraid I would be wasting my money.  <sigh>

Moving from Virginia, I'm going from 400 in ground plants down to mailing myself 4 but I'm already well versed in indoor soil and hydroponic growing.  I'm not sure how well a greenhouse would actually do for peppers, the light cycles are almost nonexistent and they need the darkness for root formation.

Helvete said:
Moving from Virginia, I'm going from 400 in ground plants down to mailing myself 4 but I'm already well versed in indoor soil and hydroponic growing.  I'm not sure how well a greenhouse would actually do for peppers, the light cycles are almost nonexistent and they need the darkness for root formation.
Welcome to Alaska.  :)  I moved up here from South Florida and have never looked back.  This is a heck of an awesome state! 

Back