Hello from FL

Hello everyone! My name is Kim.
I was turned on to hot pepper growing by a member that is on this forum(Patrick). He sent me some of his tasty hot pepper powders. The next package included some seeds.
I also learned that my father-in-law had also aquired some seeds from a friend. :D

So right now I have planted...
Jolokia
"Redish-brown" Jolokia (sprouted)
7 pod
Thai Chili (sprouted)
Scotch Bonnet (sprouted)
Trinidad scorpion
Red Savina Habanero (sprouted)
Trinidad Lantern
Mushroom Pepper (sprouted)

I also bought a sweet, hot bananna, and a cayanne pepper plant(forgot this one).

I hate not knowing what kind of Jolokia the "redish brown" is. I guess for now... it'll just have to be the hot kind. :D Unless anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for listening to me everyone. I'm a little excited about this. :rolleyes: I've already learned so much from this site.

Hello and welcome from NSW Australia.

That's a pretty good (and hot) list.

The 'jolokia' could be the bhut jolokia (hottest chilli in the world) or it could be the Naga jolokia (Indian PC-1) which is nowhere near as hot.

The PC-1 is long and thin like a cayenne. the bhut is short and fat.

I think their are a few different coloured Bhuts out now as well....

Welcome from Fort Worth...lots of knowledge on the forum...

by the way Kim...I lived in/around Naples for 5 years in the early 80s

Hi Kim!!

Now don't be blamin' me for your addiction! ;)

You're going to absolutely love this place. Great people, great discussions, lots of knowledge and we have a lot of fun.

Hello Kim and Welcome from Virginia!

Wow... thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

Moyboy... thank you for the information... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I have.

AlabamaJack... That's cool! I am about an hour north from there.

Sickmont... I am in Lee County.

Patrick... I DO blame you... you woke up my tastebuds with those yummy pepper powders you sent me. ;) By the way... I tried the Buht Jolokia for the first time last night... Just wow!:onfire:

Thanks again everyone!!! This seems like a great site!

Back