Hello from Houston

Hello from Houston.......just joined the group and look forward to getting to know some fellow chileheads.......my partner Matt and I own a hot sauce shop just north of Houston and had an interesting situation come up yesterday that perhaps someone can advise us on......a lady called the shop the other day and said she was clearing out some items in her home and wanted to know if we had any use for her late husband's hot sauce collection. We suggested she bring them by the shop so yesterday she showed up with 2 boxes of about 90 bottles of hot sauce.....apparently her husband passed away about 10 years ago so we're talking about well aged hot sauce!.....in any event, we said we'd try to come up with some ideas on what to do with the collection.....about 30 of the 90 bottles are hot sauces still in production that we carry in the shop.....the rest are sauces I may have seen at one time but had lost track of...........as I said, these are well aged and in my opinion not fit for consumption.......about 7 - 10 are old labelled sauces from Dave's, Melinda's, etc........I don't have room in the shop for the collection, the lady doesn't want them back...........does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks and hope to get to know some of you.....Jay

:welcome: Those old sauces may be to interest of some collector. Post them on ebay and see what you get.

thanks for the suggestion about ebay.....perhaps I should try to photo the bottles and/or make a listing and post it in case anyone on the forum is interested. some of the sauces are pretty burly looking but a lot of them have cool labels...........does anyone collect just the empty bottles I wonder......anyway, thanks for the suggestion.........best, jay

:welcome: ive been through spring once. very nice
Nice and really hot these days......but people keep coming in the shop and buying all sorts of crazy hot stuff......lot of ghost pepper sauces going out the door these days......thanks for the welcome.......best, jay

:welcome: from Australia!

It might be worth starting a thread here with a few pics too.
Best of luck! :D

good suggestion......some of the labels are pretty cool and quite a few I've never seen before and I've seen a lot of hot sauces.........the sauces themselves are pretty burly looking however........I'll take some pics and post them.....the lady I got them from said to give them away or throw them away which seems a waste.....

Welcome from central Texas, there is a sub forum for collectors in the review hot products and discussion forum. Since the lady said to do what ever then allow the collectors a shot at the rarer items but you might be left with the rest.

Good luck Mike

Welcome from central Texas, there is a sub forum for collectors in the review hot products and discussion forum. Since the lady said to do what ever then allow the collectors a shot at the rarer items but you might be left with the rest.

Good luck Mike

thanks for the welcome mike.........i'm betting it's as hot or hotter in round rock as it is here in the houston area...on the collection, i guess what i'll do is make a list, take some pics and upload to our store's blog, www.simplytexasblog.com if anyone's interested in looking the items over.......nothing here i'm going to try to sell and hate to just throw the guy's collection away but we have a small shop with hundreds of sauces and no room for anything else.....have a great 4th of july.........best, jay

thanks for the welcome mike.........i'm betting it's as hot or hotter in round rock as it is here in the houston area...on the collection, i guess what i'll do is make a list, take some pics and upload to our store's blog, www.simplytexasblog.com if anyone's interested in looking the items over.......nothing here i'm going to try to sell and hate to just throw the guy's collection away but we have a small shop with hundreds of sauces and no room for anything else.....have a great 4th of july.........best, jay

just re-read your recommendation on posting the collection info to a sub-forum so that's what i'll do....thanks

howdy from Baytown, Im just gonna have to jouney on out and check out da shop.... hell I'd put the collection on display, wall art or dust collector haha.. again welcome and look forward to checkin it out. I got a seafood/crawfish boil to die for next season it's on you gotta try this stuff, boiling up some skrimps today....

Back