Hello from Maryland

Hello everyone, I am posting from central Maryland. I grow about 40 different fruit, vegetables, and herbs. But my favorites are my hot peppers. This year I am growing orange habaneros, Carribean red habaneros, tabasco peppers, and Chinese 5 color peppers. I had hoped to grow my first superhots this year and someone did kindly send me some seeds to try. But they have vanished. I suspect my mother came, saw the envelope they had been sent in sitting with my box of other seeds and threw them out as trash. :(

I look forward to reading and posting and learning from everyone!

Angie

Thanks!! I am curious about superhot peppers. Honestly I always thought of them as sort of a macho thing where people show off for their friends how much heat they can tolerate or play pranks on friends or it's some sort of competition or something.

But last year I went looking for salsa at Wegman's and they had a ghost pepper salsa. I tried it and didn't like it. I don't care for smokey salsas. But it wasn't some sort of pain contest either. So I got curious about whether I was missing something.

I don't think it's too late for starting peppers. I'm still starting some, actually. But it depends on the variety. And I'm not too worries about it. But thank you for the offer of some fruits! I may take you up on it! It's nice to see another Marylander here!

welcome_zps56d47d4a.gif
from California

HotHabaneroLady said:
Thanks!! I am curious about superhot peppers. Honestly I always thought of them as sort of a macho thing where people show off for their friends how much heat they can tolerate or play pranks on friends or it's some sort of competition or something.

But last year I went looking for salsa at Wegman's and they had a ghost pepper salsa. I tried it and didn't like it. I don't care for smokey salsas. But it wasn't some sort of pain contest either. So I got curious about whether I was missing something.

I don't think it's too late for starting peppers. I'm still starting some, actually. But it depends on the variety. And I'm not too worries about it. But thank you for the offer of some fruits! I may take you up on it! It's nice to see another Marylander here!

Yeah no problem. You are definitely missing out on some good flavors. One of my favorite peppers is the red Brainstrain. I didn't know about it till last year and now I cook with them weekly. Chop up a Brainstrain and mix it into ketchup for the best spicy ketchup out there. I also use that ketchup for a cocktail sauce. Good luck with your grow :)

:welcome: From Missouri Snowed today but spring is coming, feel free to ask any questions you might have, there is a lot of friendly people here that can help you out if you have a problem.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Back