Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hi,

Had the fortune/misfortune of finding this forum via a reddit link to a robust discussion on debt and repayment. That sordid affair seems nasty, but it did lead me to here.

I am a chili fan, loving a bit of heat and have been trying to grow superhots (with little success) for some time. I also absolutely love to try various hot sauces, and have a pretty reasonable collection at any time.

Things I have tried to do to grow superhots - an 18 month attempt at hydroponics in a cupboard, that netted me 1 single trinidad scorpion. - pot plants - which got me some habaneros, but none of my other superhots fruited. - aquaponics which i am still running now, which has gotten me loads of hots, but no superhots. 

Along the way, I have learned a lot of shoulds and should nots when it comes to growing, and this season, will be my most spectacular success, or failure, one way or another. I have built up a seedbank of about 45 different types of pepper, and am going to try to get at least 50 plants into the yard and another 10 or so in the aquaponics. 

No intentions of doing anything even vaguely commercial, this is a hobby that has sort of grown since i finished my masters and have a bit more spare time. Assuming i get a harvest going, I will be trying to make some sauces for myself, and possibly xmas presents.

Look forward to chatting.

Raph

:welcome: from Canberra. Apologies about the drama. That is hopefully being sorted shortly.

Lots of good people here and a lot of good info and fun.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

I live in Cranbourne - about 40k SE of the CBD. 

Good to see some fellow aussies here.

I will scroll through that thread a little. Looking to find the best time to plant seeds. 

Back