Hello from Michigan

I have been reviewing the posts on this website for a couple of months, in preparation for my bounty of peppers from my garden.  This year my garden produced some ghost peppers, scorpion peppers, and jalapeno peppers.  I have never had much trouble growing the jalapeno peppers, but the wet Michigan summers have prevented much success for me with the hotter varieties.  My wife does a lot of canning, so the jalapenos have been cut into rings for me to use on nachos and in chili.  This year I wanted to make a hot sauce, and that is what led me to this site, to find information about jarring and making the sauce shelf stable, with the intent to share with friends and family as gifts with some of our other canned items like jams, jellies, pickles, relish, and salsa.  This past weekend I made and bottled my first sauce made from the scorpion peppers from my garden.  I also added some of my garden's carrots to the sauce for some balancing sweetness.  The sauce has an amazing orange color.  I do not know how to upload a photo of the finished bottles to share, but hopefully some one might be able to show me how to do that.  I am planning on making the next sauce this weekend, which will be either a ghost pepper sauce or a green jalapeno sauce.  Thanks for all the posts on hot sauce making, because it was very helpful in making my first sauce.

Welcome aboard shipmate!!! :) Nice way to come out swinging!!!!!! If you become a extreme member it's very easy but as a standard member you need to first upload your pics to a site like tinypics.com then copy url and post on THP. Looking forward to your pics and sharing some recipes!!
Murrells Inlet SC

Back