Hello from NH

Greetings all,

I am not sure if I have much in common with most folks except a capsaicin addiction. I lack the talent to attempt to grow my own peppers but my hat is off to those that can. I lack the money to buy fancy hot sauces but I appreciate a taste when I get a chance.

I started adding organic cayenne pepper into my diet for health purposes and before long a morning without a blast of heat is the start of a day offering nothing but anxiety. Unfortunately my tolerance level has built to the point it is difficult to find a local (or mail order) source of strong enough to satisfy so I joined this site hoping to find ideas or inspiration.

This site seems to offer the most passion for peppers within its membership as well as a diverse and fun crowd. I am not sure how active I will be but I hope to be at least poking around for a bit. I would have posted sooner but for some reason it took about a week to get my registration link in the email.

Cheers,
Paul

Wow, such as warm welcome! As befits a pepper site, I suppose!

@dragon49 - I am afraid I do not predict a Carolina Reaper in my future until farmers start detuning them enough for general commercial markets. I have been trying to kick up the cayenne pepper with Habaneros but the market varieties have a sad chill. Only once did I find any with heat and they were gone from the shelf by the time I could get back to the store. I am hoping due to popularity but it is more likely people complained of the heat because they never came back. 

Last week I did find a pizza place down the street that has a loaded fries appetizer with cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. When I asked them to kick it up the cook brought out a meat loaf tin full of deceptively delicious sizzling demon whispers and warned me it was really hot. "That's what they all say," I told him then proceeded to get my behind handed to me. They used a sauce called, "The Source", which mounted a ferocious attack on my taste buds and a quiet 20 hr siege on my gut but none of the general all around glow I seek to enjoy from pepper so I told myself never again. I am not sure why I went back and ordered it again this week. Too much beer in me to make a rational decision, I suppose. I don't even like bacon, except for the way it tastes.

Back