Hello from north Italy

Hello everyone! I am originally from South Carolina, lived some years in Germany, now settled in a rural area near Milan. I'm relatively new to growing chilis, but not at all new to eating and cooking with them, or new to gardening in general. :)

This year I grew from seed some jalapenos, and also a nursery habenero and some bell peppers. I've started for indoors over winter a lot of seeds... 7 pot burgundy, rocotos, fatalii, fooled you jalapenos (for my poor partner, who doesn't tolerate heat...), aji dulce, Trinidad perfume, serrano, tabasco, and more. (My partner and I agreed I could have 7 or 8 plants indoor, now I have 25 seedlings. LOL.) All germinated 1-2 weeks ago, and mostly looking very healthy and happy so far, which is exciting!

As I've been getting into this chili growing thing I have found these forums super useful, so I figured finally I would join. :)

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome from Slovenia!

I drove to Milan good ten years ago with my Skoda Felicia, all alone, without a map, bunch of reroutes around Verona... first time alone in Italy ... picked up a friend in an airport just an good hour later than expected .... pure luck getting there at all :)
yup... it was a good road trip

Welcome from Romania!
Your partner can't be so heartless and kill such nice looking, healthy seedlings, right? hahaha! He's having no idea what the future looks like! Chile, chile über alles, über alles in der Welt! :onfire:

Thanks for the welcome, you guys are awesome! :)

tsurrie -- yup, the traffic and not clearly (to me anyway) labelled detours and streets I've seen so far in Italy have been an adventure! I found Germany much easier to drive through (but then, my German is fluent-ish and my Italian consists mainly of food words, so I suppose that might play a role).

rghm -- nope, I'm keeping them all. It's just requiring some ... replanning. Living in a rural area, we have plenty of space,though the electricity for the lights is outlandishly expensive here, this is not a cheap hobby.

Back