Hello from Norway

Hey everyone!
I've been lurking on here for a long time (drooling over pics and stealing hot sauce ideas), so I figured it's about time I introduced myself.

I've been a fan of spicy food for a while, but more recently started making hot sauce and growing chilis. I only got started with the germination about a month ago, so at this point all I've got are some puny looking seedlings. I'm not very optimistic that I'll be able to keep 'em alive, much less get any actual pods form them, but I'm trying.

Unfortunately the only fresh chilis readily available to me are serranos, habs (or something similar) and piri-piri's. Even jalapenos are hard to find, and when I do they're stupidly expensive. I'm dying to try some other kinds of peppers, but so far it seems like the only way is to grow them myself.

I guess that's enough of an introduction, looking forward to becoming a more active member on the forum :)

Welcome from Denmark! :onfire:

I'm not sure if you know it, but we are taking back Norway, so soon you will be writing from Denmark.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

welcome!

hope you're from southern parts of norway so the climate will partly help you grow some nice chillis ... or should i say, hope you have a greenhouse :)

beautiful landscape in norway... loved it a few years back ... i want to go again

welcome!

Thanks guys!

Ferby said:
Welcome from Denmark! :onfire:

I'm not sure if you know it, but we are taking back Norway, so soon you will be writing from Denmark.
Haha, do you miss us that much? :) Fortunately the days of Denmark and Sweden bullying us around are long gone - we're actually celebrating the bicentennial of our constitution/independence this Sunday.

tsurrie said:
welcome!

hope you're from southern parts of norway so the climate will partly help you grow some nice chillis ... or should i say, hope you have a greenhouse :)

beautiful landscape in norway... loved it a few years back ... i want to go again

welcome!
Thanks! I live in Bergen in the south-west. No greenhouse, but I'll be keeping them indoors. Already had a few seedlings die from overwatering or underwatering, I don't even know. At this point my ignorance is probably a bigger threat to the plants than the climate :P

CarnbY said:
Haha, do you miss us that much? :) Fortunately the days of Denmark and Sweden bullying us around are long gone - we're actually celebrating the bicentennial of our constitution/independence this Sunday.

I know. An excellent occation for taking you back!

Back