Hello from Penang, Malaysia

Hi, I'm from Penang, Malaysia. I'm 19 years old andI'm a college student and I love cooking. I'm a first timer to planting chillies, although being Malaysian, I do enjoy spicy foods. I started planting chillies about 3 weeks ago. I was at an agricultural town called Cameron Highlands, and I bought a pepper plant there. I have not determined the variety, but looks to me like a Habanero variety, will post some photos in the growing forum for help with identification. A week later, I bought a packet of cili padi or bird's eye chilli and sowed them into containers, most of them managed to sprout.

So currently, my grow list would be:
unknown Habaneros
Cili Padi

I'm growing in containers as my house does not have a yard. My growing medium so far has been 'Gardening Soil' from Tesco, which has top soil, coco peat, black ash and compost listed. Have been using tomato fertilizer, bat guano and crushed egg shells. I would like to get my hands on a Naga Jolokia to add to my growing list. Does anyone know where I could get seeds or seedling in Malaysia? I'm just starting out in this venture and I hope to learn more through you guys. : )

Welcome Nuthead from Australiathere are a few members here from Malaysia who might be able to help you out with some Bhut Jolokia etc...If not then send me a PM of what your after....

Welcome nuthead,
It seems as if you came to the right place.

I hope you enjoy your stay and sure we'll become friends soon enough.

Cheers! :cheers:

Whut-Up Nuthead!!! from Twisp, Washington. I would have thought hot peppers grew wild in Malaysia! You're at the right place to be growin' your own!

Greetings!
drunk.gif

Back